So, how does trading work?

I already know the basics of trading, I have a little experience trading on TF2. Nothing big though, I only trade when I want something and almost never traded for profit.

Anyway, I am still unfamiliar about trading with DST skins. How do I know if someone wants a certain skin? How do I know if someone will accept the skin? How do I know the value of these skins? Does the Community Market value of a skin affect its saleability? Do people generally prefer skins of greater Community Market value? Do people accept cross-game trading (trading between DST, TF2, and CSGO skins, for example)? Do people accept skins in exchange for Steam items (cards, backgrounds, etc.)?

I would sell the skins on the Community Market, however it is unavailable to me because Steam hates me.

Just now, JohnWatson said:

I already know the basics of trading, I have a little experience trading on TF2. Nothing big though, I only trade when I want something and almost never traded for profit.

Anyway, I am still unfamiliar about trading with DST skins. How do I know if someone wants a certain skin? How do I know if someone will accept the skin? How do I know the value of these skins? Does the Community Market value of a skin affect its saleability? Do people generally prefer skins of greater Community Market value? Do people accept cross-game trading (trading between DST, TF2, and CSGO skins, for example)? Do people accept skins in exchange for Steam items (cards, backgrounds, etc.)?

I would sell the skins on the Community Market, however it is unavailable to me because Steam hates me.

1. You ask people what they like. Asking about their main character and preferred colours is considered in good taste.

2. You won't know if they accept until you get the offer accepted.

3. The value is individual for each person. People covet Wes and Willow items less on general, but they make me the happiest, so obviously I'll prefer these.

4. The market does affect it, AKA sometimes a rather cheap skin skyrockets and people wonder why. Typically, check the highest buy order and consider it like that.

5. People are people, can't say what they prefer. Considering Wendy, Wilson, Wigfrid and Wickerbottom coveted is a safe bet though.

6. Some accept cross-game trading, so don't.

7. As above.

I hope it helps. Also, get Steam Guard - safer and no trade holds!

Archived