Mod Ideas

Hey guys!  Trying to get some ideas of some mods to write. My goal right now is to increase the longevity of the game while remaining true to the vision of the game.  That vision is of course up for interpretation but the general idea being survive as long as possible with friends.  

What parts of the game do you feel lacking? Where do you feel things could be better?  For those who are vets and have no problem going hundreds of days, what would make the game more challenging for you without going full-on stupid?

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

A better combat system, though it probably impossible to improve it lol.

Really depends on what you mean by improve.  The weapon balance certainly could be improved and new types added, but in terms of changing how physical hits are registered, nope.

29 minutes ago, zazabar said:

but in terms of changing how physical hits are registered, nope.

Yeah, this what I mean & especially for pvp. Though, I am adding a combo system for my own character & it's very awesome doing infinite combos on players that aren't using my character!

The only other idea I can give is add new variations of mobs? Though, if you're not good at art then that's impossible too. Sorry, my ideas are complicated, hahaha...

Edited by SuperDavid

@zazabarHow good are you at coding?
I mean I'm also no expert, but I think if I want to code something I can do it, at least with dirty workarounds :D (if it is possible at all, with reasonable effort)

You could help me with my adventure mod. It is a port from the DS adventure to DST. I stopped working on that cause of the impossible island generation for the archipel map... also Kzisors shiprecked mod won't help for that =/ That's why I lost motivation to work further on it... But if I start working again, I think I will connect the islands, but put Basalt on those landbridges...

Anyway, you could design the last chapter. I mean the world with the maxwell throne.
The worldgeneration for this is already done, but most maxwell stuff needs to be ported from DS to DST (server client stuff) and I think we could make it more interesting.
I thought it would be nice to have a last boss fight there. So maybe in the middle of the map a sign that is telling you to destroy the maxwell statue which is placed near to it and after that three shadow clockworks are spawning for a last fight (with automatic health adjust, depending on the player number, I already have a mod for this). Some woddenwalls on fire could spawn to make an arena. And after that fight you get the divining rod you can place next to the throne. I don't know what could happen then, I will leave this up to you.  But in the end the adventure is over and the adventure will start again or you can leave the game.

Edited by Serpens

2 hours ago, Serpens said:

@zazabarHow good are you at coding?
I mean I'm also no expert, but I think if I want to code something I can do it, at least with dirty workarounds :D (if it is possible at all, with reasonable effort)

You could help me with my adventure mod. It is a port from the DS adventure to DST. I stopped working on that cause of the impossible island generation for the archipel map... also Kzisors shiprecked mod won't help for that =/ That's why I lost motivation to work further on it... But if I start working again, I think I will connect the islands, but put Basalt on those landbridges...

Anyway, you could design the last chapter. I mean the world with the maxwell throne.
The worldgeneration for this is already done, but most maxwell stuff needs to be ported from DS to DST (server client stuff) and I think we could make it more interesting.
I thought it would be nice to have a last boss fight there. So maybe in the middle of the map a sign that is telling you to destroy the maxwell statue which is placed near to it and after that three shadow clockworks are spawning for a last fight (with automatic health adjust, depending on the player number, I already have a mod for this). Some woddenwalls on fire could spawn to make an arena. And after that fight you get the divining rod you can place next to the throne. I don't know what could happen then, I will leave this up to you.  But in the end the adventure is over and the adventure will start again or you can leave the game.

I'm a developer at my job, so it's just a matter of getting used to the way the mod engine works.  I'm going to step through the lua files later tonight to see how everything is fully works and then go from there.