Location Addition

Hey guys,

Anyone know of any mods that add an additional "location" to the game, (IE, right now the server has two locations that it hosts, forest, and caves.)  I'm trying to write something that adds a 3rd location and makes it configurable from from the main menu server browser.  However, the game doesn't seem to like it when I try to mess with the main widgets. 

3 hours ago, Serpens said:

So you are an expert modder?

This mod adds new locations:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726432903

That's definitely what I was looking for.  It looks like they were unable to add an additional tab and instead had to resort to just adding the presets under forest, which would explain why I'm having so much trouble.  It looks like there isn't a way to force the game to open a third shard without running a dedicated server at this time.

Thanks for the help!

On 3.12.2016 at 3:33 PM, zazabar said:

That's definitely what I was looking for.  It looks like they were unable to add an additional tab and instead had to resort to just adding the presets under forest, which would explain why I'm having so much trouble.  It looks like there isn't a way to force the game to open a third shard without running a dedicated server at this time.

Thanks for the help!

Hi, @zazabar. I'm not @Joachim, but can answer you on this one. The default setup has each new biome on a separate shard to emulate travelling between worlds, basically. As far as I know there have never been any plans to add separate widgets.

Two weeks ago I was trying to do the same in order to create "ruins" location, but then I realized it was much easier to just create two new tasksets, one with caves biomes/set pieces only and the other with ruins biomes/set pieces only and apply to the desired shards.