Problem of revive system

You know those moments when you  stupidly dying with idea : oh i got a lot of stuff which will save me(touch stone, life giving amulet).

So you dying and  accidentally pushing the RESET buttom(you can push it if you are tierd or just laughing at your stupid death) and all is gone. there is no way to go back the world with some touch stone and 4 life giving amulets is gone(why 4? that is the amount of amulets in my world which is gone).

I think that if you are dying and pressing that buttom game mush tell you that you will lose everything and mayby even show as the amout of touch stone and life amulets in the world or those one that you created. all in all DST team please add something that will save our worlds. thanks for your attention.

And sorry for mistakes i am from Belarus.

And strategy and stuff like that involves remembering where the nearby touchstones are, with supplies nearby.

And strategy and stuff like that involves carrying life amulets with you, instead of stockpiling them in a chest on the edge of the world.

If you don't like either of these, you can also build meat effigies and attune yourself to them.

This way, when you die, you get a button that revives you when you press it. No need to search for touchstones or waste inventory slots.

And if you are not yet satisfied, you can get a friend to come along and provide you with telltale hearts.

So your complaint is that you impulsively restart the game when you die? That sounds like something that you need to work on yourself. 

The next time you die, think to yourself as to whether or not you have used all of your extra lifes. Especially now that people do not use up a touch stone for everyone when they use one, there is almost always an extra chance at life with no health penalty unless you've been dying constantly. But, like you said, you had means to revive, so just remember that next time instead of losing your cool.

51 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

Select Game Mode: Endless or Wilderness.

Now your worlds are saved.

To be honest i find Wilderness the best Mode for DST. You get to keep your map but you still get punished by loosing all your blue prints, even the hard drops from giants(ex: Toadstool Glowcap) and the pets (Dragonfly one for example). I think it's the only method that really gives a sort of punish from your mistakes and gets your World Saved :)

3 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

To be honest i find Wilderness the best Mode for DST. You get to keep your map but you still get punished by loosing all your blue prints, even the hard drops from giants(ex: Toadstool Glowcap) and the pets (Dragonfly one for example). I think it's the only method that really gives a sort of punish from your mistakes and gets your World Saved :)

Yes u are right. but i still think that there should be something to protect us from this mistake)

The request doesn't seems out of place for me. As far as i understand it, OP died, clicked on a reset button, and lost his world.

Seeing the world reset because of a mistake or missclick AFTER the death is pretty frustrating. If a warning could avoid this unnecessary frustration, it's good.

It will not make game easier, it will not make this game mod better than the other and will change nothing for most player, but it will avoid one player being frustrated time to time, so why not.

If it's easy to do (or if a mod could do this), then i don't see a reason to not doing it.

Archived