Autocompiler running on DST startup even though it's disabled in the settings

4 hours ago, Kzisor said:

Out of curiousity did you try putting it in a settings.ini file in the donotstarvetogether folder?

Yep.

1 hour ago, blubuild said:

Try renaming the executable file to stop it from running. Worked once for me.

What a relief. That works like a charm. Thanks!

• Developer

Are you modifying Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini instead of Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client.ini (or Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\client.ini if you're on the Beta branch?).

Or maybe you changed the one is DoNotStarveTogether instead of DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta and you're now on the beta branch?

54 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Are you modifying Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini instead of Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client.ini (or Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\client.ini if you're on the Beta branch?).

Or maybe you changed the one is DoNotStarveTogether instead of DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta and you're now on the beta branch?

Ah I figured out what was going wrong. For whatever reason, there was a settings.ini file in the DoNotStarveTogether folder. I think maybe I created a .ini file myself titled "settings" a while ago. I guess I scanned for a settings file and skipped right over the one titled client thinking it was something else. So I've just been modifying the wrong file. Sorry to waste your time!

• Developer
54 minutes ago, BluesyBuesy said:

Ah I figured out what was going wrong. For whatever reason, there was a settings.ini file in the DoNotStarveTogether folder. I think maybe I created a .ini file myself titled "settings" a while ago. I guess I scanned for a settings file and skipped right over the one titled client thinking it was something else. So I've just been modifying the wrong file. Sorry to waste your time!

No worries!

28 minutes ago, BluesyBuesy said:

There are two configuration files. Try modifying both the one named "settings" and the one named "client". 

Im sorry I don't see either of those folder files. Would this be under Common > Don't starve mod tools _ mod_tools? thank you so much for the help btw

21 minutes ago, Romana32 said:

Im sorry I don't see either of those folder files. Would this be under Common > Don't starve mod tools _ mod_tools? thank you so much for the help btw

No, it'd be under documents/klei/donotstarvetogether

or klei/donotstarvetogetheranewreignbeta if you have the beta enabled.