Toadstool Question

I took about a 5 month break from this game and came back to a lot of interesting updates, I have watched youtube vids on the new Toadstool monster as well. Last night I started exploring the caves in a new world and ran into a huge purple mushroom growing out of the ground labeled "Toadstool", I could only examine it however, couldn't do anything else with it. Is this the actual monster and I have to do something to initialize the fight or is this something else?

3 hours ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

when you chop it 

it summons the boss and get ready for it because its the new tank of DST bosses and has way more health than the dragonfly

"New tank" Its fight is actually fun, unlike the annoying Queen Bee and the joke of a boss that Dfly is. Dodging is actually needed.

4 hours ago, GangStarrWoWp said:

Yeah from what I've seen on YT the Toad fight is actually unique and interesting.

I hope this becomes the standard, and not "Press F To Win" Dfly or "Tank and try to run at the boss while hoping it will stop spawning things so you can hit it, while it hits you still" Bee.

Archived