Hello. I have dedicated server on debian.

Is anybody know how to automate update process, when Klei do update of DST? As for me, i did script with stop servers, then +app_update and start servers.... And put it on schedule. But it is really uncomfortably. Because of server restarts even with really updates and without them. 

Is there any way to minimize of server restarts, and to use auto scripts when updates really exists?

It happens I was thinking about doing the same thing and since I like to learn new stuff I got a nice perl script to do the job:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;
use HTML::TagParser;

my $file = 'release.txt';
my $url = "http://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/";

my $html = HTML::TagParser->new($url);
my @list = $html->getElementsByClassName("cRelease");
my ($release) = $list[0]->innerText =~ /(\d+)/;

my $rel = 0;
if (-f $file) {
    open(my $fh, '<', $file);
	$rel = <$fh>;
	close $fh;
}

if ($release > $rel) {
        open(my $fh, '>', $file);
        print $fh $release;
        close $fh;

print "update! \n";
} else {
        print "no update required!\n";
}

It may not be great looking but what is important is that works :D It only needs the part where you shutdown your servers and start them over again to update. This part I haven't figured out yet cos I used

guide and when running screen ~/run_dedicated_servers.sh so I can detach from the server I see the Master and Caves in the same console (screen) and if I do the c_shutdown() on master then the Master goes down but the Caves doesn't and it keeps trying to reconnect to it and I have to c_shutdown() again to close the Caves as well. I guess cos I took out -monitor_parent_process but added it back and will see what happens at first shutdown.

How do you start yours in screen or you are using something else?

Now I use four servers for one game and I start them us on server startup via rc.local usual by (on BIN directory of dst server):

with little start_dst.run

screen -d -m -S "dst_master" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster Cluster_1 -shard Master
screen -d -m -S "dst_slave1" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster Cluster_1 -shard Slave1
screen -d -m -S "dst_slave2" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster Cluster_1 -shard Slave2
screen -d -m -S "dst_slave3" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster Cluster_1 -shard Slave3

I stop them with other easy commands in run script (it close servers correctly as Ctrl+c - it's analog of c_shutdown()   ):

screen -S dst_master -X at "#" stuff $'\003'
screen -S dst_slave1 -X at "#" stuff $'\003'
screen -S dst_slave2 -X at "#" stuff $'\003'
screen -S dst_slave3 -X at "#" stuff $'\003'

May be now you will upgrade your script :) Wait for your example :)

Archived