Bug report: Crash when starting a new game / game unplayable

tenfour

Hey BTA, can you tell us what kind of video card you are using? Have you updated all of your drivers and DirectX?

Certainly. My video card is a 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. DirectX is at 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), which to my understanding is the last supported version for XP. I'm relatively certain that all my drivers have been updated, and I'm currently double checking that. Would including the diagnostics file in the game's folder be helpful at this point?My laptop's certainly getting older, but it can handle most recently released games decently so I'm surprised that this'd be an issue. I guess I did expect my luck to run out eventually though, hah.

I apologize for double posting but I can't seem to find an edit button.I did end up finding a slightly newer driver for my video card. Apparently a week's worth of updating all the way back in January 2011 was enough to get the game working! Well, I can't check if the game itself works fine, but hopefully it well. Thanks for reminding me to do that, in any case!

Hey BTA. From the minidump that you sent, it looks like you need to try reinstalling DirectX. It looks like this is only affecting generic gamepad users, so it may work if you disconnect that as well. We have a fix for this coming up in the next patch.

We only provide patches through the Steam client.

how do I download the patch... I just got this game on steam and it crashes after some minutes of play....correction...it shuts down windows after some minutes of play.system specs_dell studioi7, 8gb ram, ATI mobility radeon hd560v

Steam will automatically download updates when you start steam, unless you set it otherwise. If it is shutting down windows after you have ben playing for a bit, it is likely a hardware issue or drivers. Check to make sure your drivers are updated.

Steam will automatically download updates when you start steam, unless you set it otherwise. If it is shutting down windows after you have ben playing for a bit, it is likely a hardware issue or drivers. Check to make sure your drivers are updated.

I haven't set it otherwise...does it search for updates when you start playing the game or when you put on your computer [because it start automatically when the computer is turned on]...As for drivers, all my drivers are up to date....still shutting down the computer.

Yeah i have the same problem... i start the game and than i see the had dipping into the ink , and it stops working... it says Mark of the Ninja has stopped working trying to slove the solution , and it doesnt slove it and it says that it crashed and i need to close it... i tried reinstalling and installing it 4 times now.... disabled my anivirus....every thing i lowered the grapichs on the game that didnt work as well..... Im running on Windows 7 Ultimate and i think my grapichs hard is Moblie Intel Family Core or something.... But i hope the problem gets solved... :/