[Anti Grief] Granting Rights by Votes

Currently, having griefers on the public servers seems to be quite a concerning issue. At least, it has been very vividly discussed in many topics for some weeks now. With the latest patches, some improvements have been made, e.g. by empowering the users to kick or ban other users by majority vote. Furthermore, most PVP features have been removed from PVE servers.

However, players have criticized that griefers can now exploit the new system by joining in groups and kicking other players. Possibly, they can also simply destroy the camps of the other players when the number of non-griefers is just too small. Therefore, I'd like to suggest that we enable dedicated servers to have 3 user groups:

1. Admins: No changes here.

2. Users with rights: This means they can participate in votes.

3. Users without rights, i.e. they can not vote.

Everyone new who joins the server has no rights (to vote) and will not be counted for vote majority. The admin can always grant a user (voting) rights. Furthermore users with rights can always start a vote to accept someone to the upper user group, i.e. grant him rights. Hopefully, this helps with the issue of being overrun by a group of griefers. Still, as I am only playing on private servers with friends, I'd like everyone to discuss this idea and provide their experiences in this matter.

xoxo

Off topic here, but this reminds me of...

carlin-privileges.jpg

On topic... objectively, idk. In terms of my preference atm, I'd rather if everyone who joins can vote. But generally, I'm up for changing mechanics of the game to prevent griefing from happening pretty much completely in the first place.

Actually, if this gets implemented, then whilst an admin is offline, for public servers this would not work; most players would most likely be ones that cannot vote and if that's the case, then nothing can be passed anyway. And what's even the point of setting certain trusted people with the privilege to vote, when you can just give them the privilege to be an admin instead?

The idea is nice. but also there sould be some kind of cooldown so people cant start voting every second.this way we are safe from those cases where one griefer joins and start voting everyone,and the random people trust him and vote yes

Archived