Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Luka

Woodie's New ability?

Luka    9

So, the other Day I wanted to play a New game of shipwrecked with my buddy Woodie, and apperantly hé has this New ability "Is thankful for bountiful harvests", and I have no idea what that means.

I thought it meant that if you chopped a jungle tree and and egg or banana fell out, something might happen. I also noticed Maxwell had a new ability, wich I also can't figure out what it does, and their quotes upon selecting them, along with other characters have changed. Also, some "functions" have changed, by that I mean,  you've got wilson "The gentleman scientist",  that "the gentleman scientist" part is his function, and webbers's function, along with other characters,  have changed. Just wanted to know if someone knew about Maxwell's a'd Woodie's new abilities.

(Sorry if my English is bad, I'm Belgian)

DwerBomb    6150

Hello, these are probably changes that happened while porting DST lines to SW.

The Woodie perk isn't new. It means followers have more loyalty to him (so they'll follow him for more time). In DS it used to be a hidden perk, now they have added the line as an explanation 

The Maxwell perk is probably just a changed line, again by porting DST lines. It probably isn't a new perk 

1 hour ago, Luka said:

Also, some "functions" have changed, by that I mean,  you've got wilson "The gentleman scientist",  that "the gentleman scientist" part is his function, and webbers's function, along with other characters,  have changed.

I don't understand this, would you clarify? 

Luka    9
8 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

I don't understand this, would you clarify? 

When you select wilson it sais "The gentleman scientist", and when you select Willow it sais "the firestarter",  those two things are what I mean by functions, like a characteristic, and some characterisitics have changed, webber's characteristic has changed from "the indegistible", to something else (I don't know what and I can't check beacause I'm in school), and some of the sw characters's characterisitics or "functions" have changed.

Me being a dummy, I think the word I was looking for is occupation (maybe)

I hope this clarified it a bit, sorry for the terrible English and bad explanation...

DwerBomb    6150
9 minutes ago, Luka said:

When you select wilson it sais "The gentleman scientist", and when you select Willow it sais "the firestarter",  those two things are what I mean by functions, like a characteristic, and some characterisitics have changed, webber's characteristic has changed from "the indegistible", to something else (I don't know what and I can't check beacause I'm in school), and some of the sw characters's characterisitics or "functions" have changed.

Me being a dummy, I think the word I was looking for is occupation (maybe)

I hope this clarified it a bit, sorry for the terrible English and bad explanation...

I get it, again, only lines changes brought from DST

TemporaryMan    1590

The description for Woodie's third ability signifies that he is Canadian by describing his relationship to Thanksgiving, and depends on the player's location.  Americans see "Celebrates Thanksgiving too early", here in Canada it says "Celebrates Thanksgiving at the right time", and outside North America it says "Is thankful for bountiful harvests".