No Mandrake Spawn

I've been looking everywhere for a mandrake I am on day 94 and have explored the whole map but have yet to find a single one. Is it possible that they don't necessary spawn in your game?

Additionally, for red gems, I dug every grave on the map and have never seen one of these either, I have however found whole amulets though.

Hi Oranite. I find that the default maps (circular biome maps) have the mandrakes in them. Usually 3-4 per map. The test map for new world map gen does not spawn mandrakes based on my gameplays so far. Perhaps in a future update patch they will fix this.. it is beta after all. However, if you are playing in the c-biome maps then it's just bad luck that none have spawned for you =(.

Yep, the red gem is a low drop from the fire hounds.

Hi Oranite. I find that the default maps (circular biome maps) have the mandrakes in them. Usually 3-4 per map. The test map for new world map gen does not spawn mandrakes based on my gameplays so far. Perhaps in a future update patch they will fix this.. it is beta after all. However, if you are playing in the c-biome maps then it's just bad luck that none have spawned for you =(.

Yep, the red gem is a low drop from the fire hounds.

Thx for your input, I am using the new map generator, maybe that is the reason I have been so unlucky. =(

Thx for your input, I am using the new map generator, maybe that is the reason I have been so unlucky. =(

That's almost certainly the problem. The test generator is really buggy right now. It's not unusual to be lacking standard things that should be in every world (like pig kings) on those maps.