random sound emitter and general FMOD help

I'm working on a mod with several custom creatures, and currently everything is done and working for the most part. However, I haven't been able to add custom sounds, primarily because FMOD designer crashed the last few times I tried to use it.

A couple of the creatures do not need custom sounds. However, one of them needs to be able to play a preexisting sound at random. how would I set up a code to do this and how would I reference the sound files needed?

second, does anyone have any suggestions for how to use FMOD correctly?

By playing a sound at random, you mean something along the lines of beefalo grunting, pigmen snorting, spiders hissing, glommer faceplanting, etc.?

Well, you could try to dissect the template from the Jukebox mod to learn about FMOD designer.

9 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

By playing a sound at random, you mean something along the lines of beefalo grunting, pigmen snorting, spiders hissing, glommer faceplanting, etc.?

Well, you could try to dissect the template from the Jukebox mod to learn about FMOD designer.

alright

related but for a different project, is there a way to convert the .fsb files to mp3 or other sound files?

Heres a small tool I use to extract mp3's from .fsb files, I forgot where I got it but what you do is put a fsb file in the main directory(refer to step 1 picture), click on the application it'll open up a small window with red text (refer to extractionprocess picture) and press any key. And if it works (it should look like the picture mp3converted) then go to the extracted folder and it should have all the sounds in mp3 already. Its quite handy for me figuring out how long sounds go on for when I try to clock character voices and such. Hopes that answered your question correctly(I have a tendency to misinterpret questions.)

sound extractor.zip

step1.png

extractionprocess.png

mp3converted.png

Edited by K1NGT1GER609