Allow crafting of Shipwrecked items in ROG, but in a balanced way

Currently, Shipwrecked items/structures can not be crafted in RoG/vanilla. Once you've used the Seaworthy and connected SW and RoG, this because a large annoyance. I have a bamboo farm in my main RoG world, yet my character doesn't know how to craft a machete after it breaks because I'm not standing in a SW world. This is also the case vice versa with certain RoG items.

The whole point of the prototyping system is that you need the machines the initially craft an item, but you'll be able to craft that item anytime and anywhere afterwards. The only exception to this rule up until now are the ancient and volcano items. The way the SW recipes work currently is quite counter intuitive if we're going to have RoG and SW under the same roof.

Of course, the main reason this is done is for balance. It'd be quite easy to survive summer if you could craft the ice maker, or just not starving in general since it's a cheap filler for stuff like meatballs. Same with the palm leaf hut (though you would need to be in shipwrecked to acquire the materials for that one).

So here's my suggestion:

Allow SW items to be crafted in RoG/Vanilla worlds, but only after the worlds have been properly connected (i.e a Seaworthy on both sides), and the item has been prototyped in SW first.

For example, if you start a world in RoG, you won't be able to craft the ice maker until you have crafted the Seaworthy, and then protoyped the ice maker in SW. Until then it remains invisible.

More the Seaworthy should work as a Research Station for SW items, normal and science machine level. if built near other machines (alchemy, etc) it gives you the SW recipes of those levels too. Although, anything that's been prototyped should be usable in both no matter what.

4 hours ago, GiddyGirl said:

More the Seaworthy should work as a Research Station for SW items, normal and science machine level. if built near other machines (alchemy, etc) it gives you the SW recipes of those levels too. Although, anything that's been prototyped should be usable in both no matter what.

Ok this. I need this. 

15 hours ago, GiddyGirl said:

As someone who hates world integration and shared recipes, I like this. I'd have a way of avoiding SW recipes altogether if I just wanted to play RoG. It's an alternative that can be ignored if desired, which is the best type in my opinion.

On 4/14/2016 at 2:33 AM, GiddyGirl said:

Prototyping should RULE.

Archived