[Game Update] - 172998

I can't burn trees or anything with a torch, if I try I get struck by lightning... why?, is some kind of security system?, I am the host

Edit: I solved, I don't know how, I just restarted the server, I tried a new mod but looks like it has a hidden function related to server protection

Edited by Rily

So my old worlds still have world settings that have reverted to default, but new worlds seem to be working as they should.  This has to do with the new worldgenoverride.lua, I suppose?  If so, I regret to inform you it's not as backward-compatible as advertised.

Just loaded up another old world with custom settings, and this one seems to be okay.  So it looks like whatever was wrong was fixed in one of the hotfixes, it just hasn't undone the changes that were made by the bug.  Cool.

Edited by TemporaryMan

11 hours ago, Rily said:

Edit: I solved, I don't know how, I just restarted the server, I tried a new mod but looks like it has a hidden function related to server protection

Did you look at settings of the mod? There may be public (not hidden) options which you can change.

Still more reports of server crashes pouring in on Steam forum.  

Also I'm noticing the rain sheltered by tree sound effect is very loud compared to other sounds, as if it isn't affected by volume settings.  (I have everything else turned down to 1)

Edited by TemporaryMan