Yet Another Idea for a Dry Season boss

Instead of a crab or a phoenix or something like that, how about a Komodo Dragoon? It could be a huge Dragoon mama that spawns in the Volcano biome only during the Dry Season. Maybe it could have a venomous bite or something, dunno what else would make it special.

That is actually a good idea, it makes sense in  the SW lore. (goons need a leader and someone has to lay the eggs)

That thing could charge at you like the dragoons or the ancient guardian do, it could also spit lava and lay dragoon eggs, that break free after some time...that plus the volcano heat would make it a hell of a fight.

That beeing said, animating a Boss (even if it would only be a big version of a dragoon) is more or less the most challenging thing for the developers and as far as I know, there are no more bosses in development,

but your Dragoon Godmother would be a worthy dry season Boss in my opinion, well done.

Since there are no more bosses currently planned for Shipwrecked, I considered trying to make a mod that added a boss to the Volcano similar is what is being described here. However, I'd probably go for a name like Goonzilla. I toyed with the idea that it would be summoned on the Volcano by sacrificing a Dragoon Heart to the Altar of Snackrifice (I figure the heart of one of its children would be enough to draw it out).

I figured it would be like a Giant sized Dragoon with Obsidian like armour covering some of its body. Since the regular Dragoons are presumably weightlifters, I would give Goonzilla powerful arms that it could use to smash the ground, leaving temporary lava pits like those left by the falling Dragoon eggs sometimes.

I also wondered if it would be interesting to add in some extra kind of easter eggs, like an homage to the Legend of Zelda, allowing you to deal very significant damage to it by throwing a Coconade into its mouth similar to the Dodongos of the aforementioned game. Or similar use blasts to dislodge Obsidian from its body as an extra bonus.

46 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

Since there are no more bosses currently planned for Shipwrecked, I considered trying to make a mod that added a boss to the Volcano similar is what is being described here. However, I'd probably go for a name like Goonzilla. I toyed with the idea that it would be summoned on the Volcano by sacrificing a Dragoon Heart to the Altar of Snackrifice (I figure the heart of one of its children would be enough to draw it out).

I figured it would be like a Giant sized Dragoon with Obsidian like armour covering some of its body. Since the regular Dragoons are presumably weightlifters, I would give Goonzilla powerful arms that it could use to smash the ground, leaving temporary lava pits like those left by the falling Dragoon eggs sometimes.

I also wondered if it would be interesting to add in some extra kind of easter eggs, like an homage to the Legend of Zelda, allowing you to deal very significant damage to it by throwing a Coconade into its mouth similar to the Dodongos of the aforementioned game. Or similar use blasts to dislodge Obsidian from its body as an extra bonus.

Please do that, just use the base model of the dragoon, scale it up to boss size and if you are really awsome, change some of its attacks and textures, I would totally use that as my main mod (and I never use mods in DS)

This is a great idea. The caves and or ruins have enemies and or the Ancient Guardian, and the Volcano doesn't have much. This would be a nice little add on the make coffee a little harder to get. Great idea! :wilson_love:

Archived