Suggestions in Shipwrecked

Hi, I have a few suggestion about the game. Is nothing wrong, so don't worry xd

1. I thought a lot about the Bamboo Patch and the Viney Bush. One need a quite of time to hatch those plants (I think the same time than a bigger tree), but one only gets 1 item per plant, besides bigger trees, where one receives more things per loot. I think that will be awesome to reduce the time to hatch, or something else.

2. The exploring. With RoG one can follow the road to find most of the resources that are important. But in Shipwrecked, I think the exploration is a little slow and difficult at the beginning. I don't know, this is from my point of view, I have a lot of problem to find the Beefalos, I tried to create a custom world, where I can get a big chance to find Beefalos, but, from Default to More is a big difference, the map was full xD

That's all. I find the DLC amazing, but really hard xd

PD: I'm not a native english speaker, so maybe I have some issues with grammatic xd 

52 minutes ago, EskolValentine said:

1. I thought a lot about the Bamboo Patch and the Viney Bush. One need a quite of time to hatch those plants (I think the same time than a bigger tree), but one only gets 1 item per plant, besides bigger trees, where one receives more things per loot. I think that will be awesome to reduce the time to hatch, or something else.

I kinda got used to it so it's not a problem for me personally.

53 minutes ago, EskolValentine said:

2. The exploring. With RoG one can follow the road to find most of the resources that are important. But in Shipwrecked, I think the exploration is a little slow and difficult at the beginning. I don't know, this is from my point of view, I have a lot of problem to find the Beefalos, I tried to create a custom world, where I can get a big chance to find Beefalos, but, from Default to More is a big difference, the map was full xD

In Shipwrecked it is not really necessary to find beefalos - so here I disagree.

17 hours ago, WillPwn4Food said:

I think reducing the amount of hacks would make getting the obsidian machete either OP or not worth it, depending on how they rebalance. It's fine how it is IMO

This. 

Maybe they could just buff the machetes' durability by 1.5x or something but make them lose twice as much durability when used as a weapon. 

As it stands, the machetes are too expensive for a tool with such a short life span when used for its intended purpose, but are totally competent at being a weapon. This is dumb. I'd prefer it if there was just a weaponised machete in the fight crafting tab to fill the purpose of a low damage and high durability weapon rather than the golden machete.

Oh yeah, forgot to say.

The exploration in Shipwrecked is meant to be like that. It makes finding stuff much more satisfying, and gives you a sense of freedom as well as being lost.

However, some clues as to where certain elements of the map were would be great. I know I've seen someone suggest that the dragoon eggs would hint at the directon of the volcano through the waves they create upon impact with the ocean. In my opinion, stuff like this should be made for things like the Yarrctopus (some dubloons scattered around the ocean within a certain distance of his position maybe?) and the tiger shark den (bits of bones in the sea)

The map seems too large and random right now for people to be expected to find everything of importance within it.

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

As it stands, the machetes are too expensive for a tool with such a short life span

Expensive? Expensive how? It requires twigs and flints, both are pretty much infinite, readily available, and at some point it becomes pointless to collect either because you have so many of them.

5 minutes ago, stl1234 said:

Expensive? Expensive how? It requires twigs and flints, both are pretty much infinite, readily available, and at some point it becomes pointless to collect either because you have so many of them.

Machetes cost 3 flint for something that can either collect 16 bamboo or deal 3400 damage, which is only equivalent to 33 spiders when factoring in wasted damage. Using a shovel to dig up the bamboo roots actually gives you more of the resource (25 bamboo) for the total durability of the tool, and that will only cost you 2 (or is it 1?) flint AND gives you the root to be replanted too.

Furthermore, the spear costs 1flint, deals the same damage as the machete AND has 50% more dirability. For the 3 flint that could be used on a machete, you could have 3 spears. This would be equivalent to 15,300 damage, or 150 spiders; which is a hell of a lot more than 3400 damage/33 spiders, however you look at it. 

So, statically, there are two tools that do both of the machete's jobs more efficiently than the machete could ever do them. I seriously don't think they thought this balancing through. Even if flint is now completely renewable through lava pools, I don't see why one tool has to be both more expensive - and significantly worse - than all the rest.

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

Machetes cost 3 flint for something that can either collect 16 bamboo or deal 3400 damage, which is only equivalent to 33 spiders when factoring in wasted damage. Using a shovel to dig up the bamboo roots actually gives you more of the resource (25 bamboo) for the total durability of the tool, and that will only cost you 2 (or is it 1?) flint AND gives you the root to be replanted too.

Furthermore, the spear costs 1flint, deals the same damage as the machete AND has 50% more dirability. For the 3 flint that could be used on a machete, you could have 3 spears. This would be equivalent to 15,300 damage, or 150 spiders; which is a hell of a lot more than 3400 damage/33 spiders, however you look at it. 

So, statically, there are two tools that do both of the machete's jobs more efficiently than the machete could ever do them. I seriously don't think they thought this balancing through. Even if flint is now completely renewable through lava pools, I don't see why one tool has to be both more expensive - and significantly worse - than all the rest.

I have started to use opulent machetes as my spear replacement so I don't have to keep carrying around flint everywhere I go. I think opulent machete is pretty resource efficient, at least for combat

14 minutes ago, WillPwn4Food said:

I have started to use opulent machetes as my spear replacement so I don't have to keep carrying around flint everywhere I go. I think opulent machete is pretty resource efficient, at least for combat

The opulent machete has 400 (?) uses. So you'd still get more use out of 3 spears.

At least the machetes look cool, right?

The opulent machete has 400 (?) uses. So you'd still get more use out of 3 spears.

At least the machetes look cool, right?

Yes, it does have added flair, but I prefer having another inventory slot open during long explorations. Helps also having to use extra slots as one spear degrades so that another is ready to go in case it breaks mid fight. I just find it simpler overall to go with a opulent machete than manage my flint and spears. Once I have enough obsidian regularly, I will probably upgrade to those machetes since their damage scales with use

17 hours ago, WillPwn4Food said:

Yes, it does have added flair, but I prefer having another inventory slot open during long explorations. Helps also having to use extra slots as one spear degrades so that another is ready to go in case it breaks mid fight. I just find it simpler overall to go with a opulent machete than manage my flint and spears. Once I have enough obsidian regularly, I will probably upgrade to those machetes since their damage scales with use

I might go with the obsidian spear, if it doesn't set enemies on fire anymore.

As for resource management, I just carry a stack of flint, twigs and grass with me wherever I go, so it doesn't really make any difference to me whether I have to craft new melee weapons every so often or not.

I might go with the obsidian spear, if it doesn't set enemies on fire anymore.

As for resource management, I just carry a stack of flint, twigs and grass with me wherever I go, so it doesn't really make any difference to me whether I have to craft new melee weapons every so often or not.

I'm pretty sure it does, but I might be wrong

Archived