How to add Mods New Dedicated Server??

On 2/22/2016 at 11:11 AM, Rily said:

wait, tell me how!!!

1. Find your mods folder. (i.e. Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods, or wherever you told steamcmd to install it)
  2. Edit dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua. Instructions are inside the file.
  3. Start your server and shut it down once so your mods folder populates.
  4. Make a modoverrides.lua file. Either follow the instructions here or use this tool to make it for you.
  5. Copy your new modoverrides.lua to your world folders. (i.e. Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves)
  6. Start your server again. You should now have working mods and configuration.

On 26/2/2016 at 6:42 PM, denoflions said:
  1. Find your mods folder. (i.e. Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods, or wherever you told steamcmd to install it)
  2. Edit dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua. Instructions are inside the file.
  3. Start your server and shut it down once so your mods folder populates.
  4. Make a modoverrides.lua file. Either follow the instructions here or use this tool to make it for you.
  5. Copy your new modoverrides.lua to your world folders. (i.e. Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Master and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_1\Caves)
  6. Start your server again. You should now have working mods and configuration.

Excuse me can you help me again?, I tried what you told but Im not sure what Im doing wrong now, first... your tool is awesome, is pretty good for lazy ones like me, the problem is with the dedicated_Server_mods_setup.lua I guess, when I edited and saved I launch the server, then it should create the folders, right?, but instead the process delete the edited lua file and create a blank new one (only with the instructions). The server starts but without the mods.

I tried to create the modoverrides.lua with my complete old dedicated server mods folder, the file was created and I use it but my server starts as a LAN server and still without mods

Finally I tried to copy my complete old mods folder from the old way and the server tool crash or something, the text on the console was too fast to read and it closed in a flash, then I don't know whats kind of error happen

14 hours ago, ToNiO55 said:

Hi @Rily

can you share your old dedicated_Server_mods_setup.lua and modoverrides.lua

you are on Windows? Linux? Mac OS X?

it's host game or dedicated server?

i going try to help you for your mods works again

Don't worry I solve it already, I just follow the Maoo's steps (quick setup guide on windows page 3) and its working now, thanks anyway I really appreciate the good intentions in these forums

Hi guys, sorry for bumping the thread but I have absolutely no idea what else to do. I have installed everything to perfection. Server works great.

Except, it does not download mods. I have modified dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua by using ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup and none work! I mean I have modifided the file in C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods.

Every time I start the server, it says Download Mods(0) and the ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup get deleted from the lua!

Please, I would appreciate any help.

Hello @Melkien, welcome to the forums. Can you attach the dedicated_Server_mods_setup.lua (you have/had in C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods) and modoverrides.lua of your dedicated server (under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YourServerName\Master)?

Hello! I also have a problem with installing mods.

In folder \mods

dedicated_Server_mods_setup.lua

ServerModSetup("492173795")
ServerModSetup("407705132")

modsettings.lua

ForceEnableMod("workshop-492173795")
ForceEnableMod("workshop-407705132")

In folder \.klie\SoNoTStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master\modoverrides.lua

return { ["workshop-492173795"] = {enabled=true } }
return { ["workshop-407705132"] = {enabled=true } }

But when you start writing Download Mods (0) and modsettings.lua dedicated_Server_mods_setup.lua files are cleared.

Server is installed according to the instructions

Help me.

7 hours ago, Melkien said:

Except, it does not download mods. I have modified dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua by using ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup and none work! I mean I have modifided the file in C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods.

Every time I start the server, it says Download Mods(0) and the ServerModSetup and ServerModCollectionSetup get deleted from the lua!

How does you starting batch (in some guides named StartDSTServers.bat) look like?

Instead of

... +app_update 343050 validate +quit

try

... +app_update 343050 +quit

Archived