Custom character/items (Help needed with item scripting)

5 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

Huh Sorry I didn't understand that correctly.. My mod adds a stat to EVERY character, let's say its called "energy" doing GLOBAL.CHARACTER_INGREDIENT.ENERGY crashed me

Ah! I didn't knew that, Hmmmmm... I don't actually know the way of make an character consume, but that happens because you didn't made an icon for that ingredient. Even if you made an ingredient texture, I don't know how to attune it for make it consume your energy.

By the way, can you pass me your energy mod I just go interesed for that xD

1 minute ago, Neutral_Steve said:

Ah! I didn't knew that, Hmmmmm... I don't actually know the way of make an character consume, but that happens because you didn't made an icon for that ingredient. Even if you made an ingredient texture, I don't know how to attune it for make it consume your energy.

By the way, can you pass me your energy mod I just go interesed for that xD

Its not actually energy, i used that as an example, I haven't released the mod to the public yet so ye

Thanks for that, I'm always missing some small bit in my code due to a lack of understanding of said code. Thankfully the community here is awesome and very helpful. 

Aquaterion, you mentioned that you might need help with an animation task. What was it you are looking to get done? I may be able to lend a hand if it isn't outside my current skill set.

OK, getting too ambitious for my own good here. What would it take to give this character their own stat "Dreaming"?dream_zpshm4lk7td.png

I'm unsure how much of this is even possible but I will jot down my thoughts and see what is realistic and what is not.

• It would be used to craft all the items that Retro can yank between worlds
  • The meter has an automatic refill over time
  • This one seems unlikely so i wont be disappointed if it can't be done. It would be cool if this meter powered all foreign game items like a fuel source. Say Retro wants to use his Watt's Axe. He would need Dream energy to equip and use it. Other wise it would be a useless item in his inventory.

I should probably make his weapons character bound if possible too. That is to say only he can wield them

On a side note I am working on the fly swatter from Gnat Attack (Mario Paint). Strong against bees and mosquitoes (maybe Dragonfly) but 1 dmg to all other mobs. This one should be pretty easy, I can take what you guys have taught me on the other items and rock this one out solo I think! :D 

EDIT:

So I tried to give my axe swinging frames, using the template posted by @mf99k, but something is broken and it is calling the wrong frames. In the below image the character on the left is holding the axe correctly in the idle state. Wilson however has a swinging frame when idle. The video will show a comparison of how the axe should behave and how mine behaves. I'm also dropping a link to a WIP of the axe mod in case anyone wants to weed out how I messed up.

Hold_zpskl8drodb.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajnwr9xthudk1ui/Wattsaxe.zip?dl=0

Edited by RetroMike

On 3/6/2016 at 8:23 AM, RetroMike said:

OK, getting too ambitious for my own good here. What would it take to give this character their own stat "Dreaming"?dream_zpshm4lk7td.png

I'm unsure how much of this is even possible but I will jot down my thoughts and see what is realistic and what is not.

• It would be used to craft all the items that Retro can yank between worlds
  • The meter has an automatic refill over time
  • This one seems unlikely so i wont be disappointed if it can't be done. It would be cool if this meter powered all foreign game items like a fuel source. Say Retro wants to use his Watt's Axe. He would need Dream energy to equip and use it. Other wise it would be a useless item in his inventory.

I should probably make his weapons character bound if possible too. That is to say only he can wield them

On a side note I am working on the fly swatter from Gnat Attack (Mario Paint). Strong against bees and mosquitoes (maybe Dragonfly) but 1 dmg to all other mobs. This one should be pretty easy, I can take what you guys have taught me on the other items and rock this one out solo I think! :D 

EDIT:

So I tried to give my axe swinging frames, using the template posted by @mf99k, but something is broken and it is calling the wrong frames. In the below image the character on the left is holding the axe correctly in the idle state. Wilson however has a swinging frame when idle. The video will show a comparison of how the axe should behave and how mine behaves. I'm also dropping a link to a WIP of the axe mod in case anyone wants to weed out how I messed up.

Hold_zpskl8drodb.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajnwr9xthudk1ui/Wattsaxe.zip?dl=0

did you rescale the smear frame by any chance?

Nope, the smear frame actually has the least amount of editing, it's just a recolor. It looks like the game is calling the smear frame when it should be calling axe_2, and calling axe_2 when it should be calling Axe_0. Pretty much the whole thing is jacked. I'm sure it is something I did wrong but I can't hunt down my error.

EDIT:

Got it working! Tried several of the methods used by other modders and still had issues. Ended up making some educated guesses and just building it from scratch. Works like a charm now :D

Edited by RetroMike

Not even sure if this is possible but I wanted to make the art regardless. Still a WIP but close to done.

It's a summon materia from FF7 and the Fat Chocobo summons. It would work a lot like the Old Bell, except it would be a one time use item and the chocobo would fall on a target the player selects. Once summoned the materia is consumed. I also need to make a ground indent asset, like the footprint the old bell giant leaves behind.

fatchocobo_zpspphhouke.png

Thanks to Aquaterian a ton has gotten done on this mod. It's really close to the point where I can start play testing and balancing. The remaining tasks involve weapons/tools consuming Dream power when used and breaking if there isn't enough Dream power available. I think the biggest hurdle with that is figuring out how to make actions like chop and mine consume Dream. 

Other tasks include making a custom freezer bag and figuring out if i can add random critical hits to a weapon.

Also, does anyone know if DST supports opacity animations from spriter? I'm guessing it doesn't because mine don't seem to work in game.