let me save multiple games easily!

its SO frustrating to play for 40 days and die. starting over takes HOURS. really, you all know what i'm talking about.

I love a lot of things about this game but I am not a 13 year old kid who can skip school and play all day. i have a job and a family and i want to play this thing but give a guy a break.

let me at least build up a little spot in my world and save it so i can restart from there.

its SO frustrating to play for 40 days and die. starting over takes HOURS. really, you all know what i'm talking about.

I love a lot of things about this game but I am not a 13 year old kid who can skip school and play all day. i have a job and a family and i want to play this thing but give a guy a break.

let me at least build up a little spot in my world and save it so i can restart from there.

make meat effigies

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Don't Starve is a roguelike game. Roguelike games has permanent death, sorry ryanscott.

Don't Starve has Rogue-like elements. The three key elements that define a Rogue-like game are: permadeath, randomized maps, and turn-based gameplay. I'm sure you can tell which one Don't Starve doesn't use. ;)

But yes, I'm perfectly fine with permanent death. Even when my Wendy died after 250+ days due to a massive wave of angry hounds... while I was sorting my massive inventory system. Ah well. Live and learn, or something... :p

Meat Effigies and Amulets revives you

Yup. Wilson is tutorial mode, and his ability to use Meat Effigies will give you all the extra chances you'll need until you're more savvy with the game's nature.