A most unfortunate series of bugs

It was during the last days of the hurricane season and I was on a new island away from my base gathering sand, when by sheer luck I came across the second doydoy. I had already built a nice pen for the first one on a small boring island next to my base. I waited for the night and packed the bird into my inventory, then I spent another day on the island and when dusk set, I jumped onto my nicely equipped cargo boat and set sail to go home.

This was when it all started to go down hill.

I noticed that the doydoy in my inventory had started to starve. As you currently can't feed any animals in your inventory while on a boat (Bug), I decided I had to take a detour to an island closeby to feed him there. I jumped onto the shore and intended to give him a log, but as doydoys currently eat entire stacks (Bug), suddenly my whole supply of wood was gone. The lighting tab icon on my crafting menu turned from green to brown: I had appearantly used all my twigs for the sand-digging shovels. Nevermind, I still had two good torches.

However, the detour had cost me time and my boat lantern was already running out. Also the winds started going again. So I thought, I could quickly stop at my base, get some limestone and logs and then build a chiminea on doydoy island, as I already had a good stack of sand. When I had everything I wanted, I got onto my boat again.

With torches or other tools currently not auto-equipping while on a boat (Bug), I was so busy keeping track of light and waves that I was already halfway across the ocean, when I finally noticed that my sand had disappeared into nothingness when I boarded the boat (Bug). Goodbye chiminea! Luckily, while looking for sand, I suddenly discovered that I still had some twigs in my backpack. Crafting menus do currently not keep track of items in containers (Bug).

I made it to doydoy island with a few additional torches and made it to the pen just as the sun started to rise. I placed the second doydoy next to the other one, it was immediately awake and started its mating-call. However, its friend was still sound asleep, which caused the game to crash (Bug).

The End.

TL;DR: I have no idea how to give valid feedback on how to balance or nerf this game, with bugs and missing or malfunctioning features making it far more challenging. The inventory system is especially broken right now. Personally I would prefer fixes, rather than more new broken content for the next updates.

4 hours ago, Mueck said:

TL;DR: I have no idea how to give valid feedback on how to balance or nerf this game, with bugs and missing or malfunctioning features making it far more challenging. The inventory system is especially broken right now. Personally I would prefer fixes, rather than more new broken content for the next updates.

Things seems to be moving forward in another way. More new content first, fixes come after that.

I agree, not much point talking about balance for now. It is more about reporting the bugs and wait for the fix.

Archived