Item suggestion: Dolly

No, not a child's toy.

In my current game, I'm starting my third monsoon season and I have an incredibly irritating problem. 

I have 9 storage chests arranged in a 3x3 pattern and in true DS FU fashion, a puddle has decided to center itself under the middle chest. 

There is, of course, no way to sandbag this puddle without smashing most of my other chests to pieces, relocating them, and then picking up and placing all of their contents into the new set of chests.

This seems a little ridiculously tedious and time/resource consuming,

The only other option is to leave the puddle be, let it get massive, ruin my alchemy machine for a season (not really a big deal at this point), and deal with mosquitoes constantly spawning in the heart of my camp next to my chimenea and crock pot (very annoying even though I can easily avoid their poisonous effect).

So, having said all of that, I wanted to propose the possibility of a new item, the dolly.

It could maybe be crafted using 2 bamboo, 2 coconuts, 1 gear, and/or a gold?

It would be an item specifically for relocating chests without having to destroy them.

I do not know whether or not the game's mechanics would allow the relocation of filled inventory items, or if they would need to be emptied before relocation, but in either case, it would not waste nearly as much time as having to smash, rebuild, and restock one's storage chests.

Just a thought.

For now, I guess it's smash and move.

Yuck. 

• Developer

Hey @Ennuix, welcome to the forums! I hope you have a wonderful time here! :D

I really like that idea! Dunno if it'd be viable, but it'd be really useful! Not just for Monsoon, but for any season at all! Countless times have I found myself wanting to build a structure and having no space to make it where I want, sometimes because of my own chests : P

Even without a puddle in your base, being on land at all in Monsoon just isn't worth it. You move slowly, have to fend off wetness/insanity from the ground and the mosquitos. It seems like it's meant to drive you off your base, so I spend most of that season on the water, revealing the map, locating swordfish spawns and rounding up all the treasure maps. You just have to prepare for it in advance during Hurricane: hats, sails sewing kits and most of all boat repair kits. I usually bring a stack of bacon and eggs. 

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey @Ennuix, welcome to the forums! I hope you have a wonderful time here! :D

I really like that idea! Dunno if it'd be viable, but it'd be really useful! Not just for Monsoon, but for any season at all! Countless times have I found myself wanting to build a structure and having no space to make it where I want, sometimes because of my own chests : P

Hello and thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I don't know if it's workable or if something that we just need to get used to, but I thought it might be a solution for both monsoon season and, like you said, general base reorganization.

In any case, I endured, but my nearby berry farm flooded and my drying racks both flooded and I couldn't sandbag them without either destroying some drying racks or digging up some bushes, so I just let the water rise and did my best to stay dry and unpoisoned.

I still haven't found my fifth thing or the teleportato, but I'm hoping I can get some exploring done during the next two seasons.

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Even without a puddle in your base, being on land at all in Monsoon just isn't worth it. You move slowly, have to fend off wetness/insanity from the ground and the mosquitos. It seems like it's meant to drive you off your base, so I spend most of that season on the water, revealing the map, locating swordfish spawns and rounding up all the treasure maps. You just have to prepare for it in advance during Hurricane: hats, sails sewing kits and most of all boat repair kits. I usually bring a stack of bacon and eggs. 

Honestly , i think that Klei wana say to us ,  get nomad for this season ( and prepare it during hurricaine season ). With the new shipwrecked characters , it's more easy to be nomad ! I totally agree with you , is a Kleiver way to play :D.

As far as i concerned , i precraft a cheminee + crock pot + ligthning rod + 1 chest + 1 fridge ( if i can ) + 1 sheltter and i moove my ass during the start of this season for make a new base somewhere , after that , i explore a lot and do some trawl net things and kill whale , verry efficient ^^

I suppose it depends upon the character that one is playing, but I disagree with the idea that Klei is actively encouraging the nomad concept; especially when mitigation measures have been provided which seems to suggest that players have been provided the option of either being a wanderer or a base builder.

I still wander during all seasons, but I'm definitely most mobile during the "fall / autumn" and "summer / volcano" seasons.

I gather my surplus supplies during hurricane and monsoon seasons.

Archived