How to compile mod on MAC

olesgedz

On 2016-2-29 at 3:55 AM, Andreasgamming said:

This makes three people who needs help with this, I can't figure out how to do this... Apparently, it's supposed to auto compile the the aspects into the anim file but in reality it doesn't all the time...

Make that four (although I'm on DST, but mod tools are the same AFAICT)

The mod tools package from Steam has some sources, but no makefile, or the scml binary, which as I understand is what does the compilation from Spriter to DS(T) animation zip.

There's what looks like an official github repo for mod_tools, and that has a makefile, but it doesn't even pass the Linus test:mad: (has anyone run that even once?)

There's a fork by Corgi, which fixes the make errors, but hasn't been updated, or had the changes merged back into klei's repo. :grumpy: He/She also made a guide here, which references this forum post from 2015.

[1] "If it compiles, it's good. If it boots, it's perfect."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been into modding for quite a while, tried compiling and decompiling and such for looooongggg time on mac. Result ? In order to avoid broken files, issues, bugs etc... the best thing you can do is code on your mac and let the compiling be done by someone who has a windows, I mean it. 

Easiest option !