should i switch to wickerbottom, or keep wilson

loled

hey. 

I want some opinions. I play wilson, i got winter cursed and i am in 12th day of winter.8-9 more to go. My world is bit messed up. I burnt a tree cause i was out of logs and boom, full forest is burnt (didnt calculate the distances correctly). And i am thinking to jump the world before i make serious investment here. I have 2 gears, lots of grass, manure, and many other stuff. Now the question, should i keep going wilson, or switch wickerbottom.

I like that you can just use a tent/siesta to heal and get sanity, but especially, for the skipping aspect. I can handle my sanity and health with wickerbottom as well. But for example in the freaking winter, there is nothing to do, so sleeping early on, saves me from a lot of boredom i would have with wickerbottom, waiting in the fire (and need a lot more fuel for it). I know of the value of wicker (i play her constantly in DST), but does it matter so much in single? I mean even unprepared i manage winter just fine, with no real issue. The books i mainly use in dst, is tentacles, applied farming and sleep.

Is it worth it to lose the sleeping for those 3?

Well, Wickerbottom is a huge help when starting in ROG spring, since preparing for summer can be a hassle with that much rain in one's neck. I only played her until I mastered various game elements, because she doesn't require a flexible playstyle. She doesn't even allow for one :p

You can do healing through jerky and honey and some other recipes like pierogi. Farming spiders will also yield you glance and occasionally you can kill butterflies to heal. So the only question here is whether skipping nights and days is important to you and that question only you can answer. Also make sure to stock up on the beard hair before you teleport (unless you don't use meat effigies.)

Well, wickbutt is very useful starting character especially if you're having trouble with finding gold. I think use another character. Woodie is great but you need to prepare a great stock of chests which is easy during yourfirst werebeaver rampage. The chests main purposes would be to prevent your stuff from being stolen by stuff during ttransformation. If you don't like Woodie, Webber can be a useful character but whenever im Webber I always act as nomads until I haven't found a fuckload of spider dens. Jacksepticye saw an island on DSSW with a lot of spider dens and is practically covered with them. The spider dens can be useful to get a lot of monster meat since they act as normal meat with webber and starting civil wars against spiders. 

If you have a lot of gears to fully upgrade WX-78, he will be your best bet. Upgrading him in one go would be a good idea cause he has a lot of weaknesses if not upgraded and doesn't hate food spoilage. 

I wouldn't recommend Wifrid since she's hard to maintain if you don't have enough morsels or specifically meat. She may be great if you're a berserker type and has a lot of stock. If you have a lot of grass, you can probably make over 15 traps partnered with a proper amount of twigs 

Also, if you're world jumping , I suggest to have pre-built campfires, fire pit, endothermic fire pit if on RofG and a meat effigy and any other structures you may need especially a farm and crock pot. Prepare lots of grass tufts, saplings and fertilizers. You can easily get resources by then and bring a full stack of pine cones and plant them once you jump. Maybe a few clothes and armor and about 5 crock pot foods to survive the first few nights. Bring lots of gold and have pre-built   scientific structures to save the hassle of looking for gold. Most importantly, stock up on a lot of other resources. Also, capture some birds to put in a bird cage so you have a lot of eggs early on. Maybe some meat bulbs(not sure if they are only on DLCs) so you have a lure plant. Maybe even the thing that spawns spider dens.

I hhaven't jump yet. I think this is personally my little logical guide. Im jumping though really soon(nobody please sarcasm me with jumping in real life) and im already preparing and hopefully don't die before I finish. Im on day 60.

Archived