(Suggestion) Limpet farming

It seems weird to me that Limpets can only grow on very specific boulders. While this poses a survival choice (I can mine the boulder and get rocks but lose any future limpets forever) very fitting with the Challenge of Don't Starve, it's kinda unreasonable to be unable to reproduce them. 

The solution, a craftable food structure made with rocks (approx 6-8, so it can't be done with mining just one boulder), some seaweed (seasnail food) and some initial limpets that can only be placed in a beach biome /near the sea. It would function almost exactly like the limpet  boulder, maybe it could yield even more limpets than a normal one, kinda like a beebox.

Anyway, that's just a small suggestion that seems easily doable and not very gamebreaking

Limpet farming would be too OP in my opinion.  They make a great food source for crockpot recipes and early game survival.  I purposefully make my bases on an island with at least few limpet rocks for that very reason.  They also spawn on beaches which, when combined with some traps for the beach crabs, leads to infinite Seafood Gumbo (which is great for health and sanity)

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 6:19 AM, TheRebelFlesh said:

Limpet farming would be too OP in my opinion.  They make a great food source for crockpot recipes and early game survival.  I purposefully make my bases on an island with at least few limpet rocks for that very reason.  They also spawn on beaches which, when combined with some traps for the beach crabs, leads to infinite Seafood Gumbo (which is great for health and sanity)

Actually, Limpet farms are very logical and realistic. I live in the Philippines which is a tropical country which is why I find Shipwrecked as the best DLC cause it's a little taste of home. We have Limpet farms! They grow on bamboo that is sticked into the ground near the tide. Limpets naturally grow on bamboo as long their near the tide. 

It would also be cool if the Limpets only grow when the tide approaches them or during the rain. 

Also, in our native language, Limpets are called "Talaba" 

It would be a great addition! I guess it would need balancing. Maybe Limpets will only grow if you feed it some chemicals. I mean in real life im pretty sure limpets praxticallypractically grow anywhereS. Without need of any additional stuff. 

Archived