Out of Memory error

I've edited all the bugs I could find out of one of my mods, but the game still crashes. The log.txt is blank except for this:

Out of memory. Byted requested:4294967295

The computer I'm using has 60 GB of free space and I deleted mods I didn't need and still got this error. The mod really isn't very big so I'm not sure what the problem is. Help?

Edited by mf99k

I exported existing texture files to .png and edited them and exported them back to .tex since that method worked before when I tried it. I can try using spriter again but I've had trouble with it before. Normally the game tells me if there's something wrong with a .tex file. What exactly seems to be wrong with the .tex and .bin files?

Edited by mf99k

On 1/17/2016 at 11:58 PM, mf99k said:

I exported existing texture files to .png and edited them and exported them back to .tex since that method worked before when I tried it. I can try using spriter again but I've had trouble with it before. Normally the game tells me if there's something wrong with a .tex file. What exactly seems to be wrong with the .tex and .bin files?

In other words, how would I be able to go in and check the problem?

7 minutes ago, mf99k said:

how would I be able to go in and check the problem?

Honestly I can't pinpoint the exact source of the problem because I don't know why exactly the game flips out.

Sometimes switching the atlas-0.tex for another one works, sometimes the object gets cut, sometimes the game breaks like this.

What I suggest is using

the krane tool with the --mark_atlases option so you edit the atlas without going out of the bounds that will be generated, that the game uses.

14 minutes ago, mf99k said:

triple check that the dimensions are correct it should fix the problem?

The best way would be to download the extended template and change the PNGs for the project, and then compile with mod tools, letting the game handle the tex making.

9 hours ago, DarkXero said:

The best way would be to download the extended template and change the PNGs for the project, and then compile with mod tools, letting the game handle the tex making.

Alright, it's just that I did that the first time I made a character mod and things got weird. Since I know a little more about modding than I did then I'll go back to that first attempt to see what I did wrong and then try that process again.

Ok, so I did a test of all my mod anim atlas files, and the problem definitely has something to do with my autocompiler. Even though the atlas files worked fine for some of my mods when put into the base game, DST clearly has a different process of implementing .tex files, as even when I tested the files that worked in the single player I got the same out of memory error as with the Walani mod.

Since my autocompiler doesn't seem to be working, I was wondering if someone could help me re-compile my atlas files.

The exported folders for my mods seem to be missing, so for the mean time I've put the photoshop and .png files I organized the different pieces in into a zip folder along with the faulty animation files. If someone could autocompile the hound and bird atlas (since I forgot how I set them up) that would be great. In the meantime I'm going to try to find my missing export folders and remake them if necessary. I'm also going to try to figure out what's wrong with the autocompiler, but I will probably need someone to compile the export folders if I find them.

atlas files.zip