Reusing worlds with dedicated servers POST-CAVES

I followed the guide on the Don't Starve Wiki on how to set up a dedicated server. It worked, I Put mods onto it, and I had a jolly good time.

I was messing around and found an unenterable sinkhole, I knew I didn't have caves and I figured now would be the time to put them in.

I wanted to re-use the world from my previous server. (both servers have exact same mods installed)

BUT: When I set 'server_save_slot' to my previous one (4), It didn't work. It started me in a blank new world. I had built a spawn in that world and everything, and I wasn't willing to give it up. Here is the text under the [Network] tab in Both 'Settings.ini' files from both servers.

k0d2hm7.png

dtWrNGW.png

Can you guys help me?

Is this even possible?

@ImDaMisterL, you beat me to it. lol

Hey @mockrin, welcome to the forums. I haven't personally transferred worlds into new dedicated servers before, but from what I know and (just) tested you simply only need to copy over the save folder found inside your old server's folder that is under Documents/Klei/ to the new server's folder. As for the server_save_slot, I think you just need to have it unique from all the older servers you have in your files. Try it and report back if it doesn't work, cheers!

Archived