[General] - no cave beta option

saraam

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: no cave beta option

Issue Description: Hi! Im trying to sync in to the Caves Beta Branch but the drop down menu does not have an option for the beta. I tried both the game and the dedicated server tool but neither have a cave beta option in the drop down. Am i doing something wrong? I followed these steps:

In steam click on Library > Tools.

Scroll down to Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server.

Right-click, select Properties.

Go to the Betas tab.

In the dropdown, select the cavesbeta branch.

However there is no cavesbeta branch in the drop down. Let me know!! Thank you for all the hard work!!!

<3 Sara

Steps to Reproduce: In steam click on Library > Tools.

Scroll down to Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server.

Right-click, select Properties.

Go to the Betas tab.

In the dropdown, select the cavesbeta branch.

However there is no cavesbeta branch in the drop down.

Thanks for the responses guys! <3 However when I host a server the "Multilevel" box is grayed out and I cannot select a multilevel server. Here is a screenshot:

UGfjBg3.jpg

Do we need to check that in order to have caves? And if so why i cant I click on it if the content was added to the game?

Thanks! Sara

On 1/14/2016 at 8:43 AM, saraam said:

Do we need to check that in order to have caves? And if so why i cant I click on it if the content was added to the game?

I do believe that the Multilevel button will be the toggle switch for creating in-client servers with caves. Klei will eventually make that Multilevel box available & clickable once they are satisfied with the in-client server creation with caves. I would assume they're testing the in-client server creation process in-house. So for now the only way for players to play with caves are as follows:

• Join Dedicated Servers that have Caves.
  • Setup a Preconfigured dedicated Server. (source
  • Tweak your Preconfigured Dedicated Server. (source)
  • Setup a Dedicated Server from scratch. (source)

I hope that's enough information, if not just let me know and I'll try to fill in any missing information you may need. Cheers.

@Zillvr THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION!!!!! Klei should hire you ;) Anyways I followed all your source links and the information is pretty straightforward. I will have to test this out and see if I can get it working. However your last link "Setup a Dedicated Server from Scratch" just goes to our thread right here. 

In any case thanks so much again I am looking forward to getting a cave server finally up and running!!!

Much <3 Sara

Archived