Adding Footware?

How about adding a footware slot to the inventory and having shoes that serve different purposes:

Shoe Idea 1: shoes make you faster but scare animals like birds and rabbits from further away

Shoe Idea 2: shoes make you slightly slower but make you inaudible or harder to detect by rabbits, birds and monster. (good for roaming late at night and hunting)

Shoe Idea 3: Armor shoes. an alternative source or armor to the logsuit and football helmet. (would complement a mining helmet and backpack combo)

How about adding a footware slot to the inventory and having shoes that serve different purposes:

Well yes, we would need a new slot to equip shoes, or a foot slot. In the past lots of suggestions have come in for new equip slots to be added, and of them all this one was the highest on my list of "Sure, why not?". Even so... I'm just not sure.

Shoe Idea 1: shoes make you faster but scare animals like birds and rabbits from further away

I think the characters already move at a good speed. If we needed to move faster the game should add mounts to ride. Also, how would you speed shoes work? What would they be crafted from? Would they wear out when equipped?

Shoe Idea 2: shoes make you slightly slower but make you inaudible or harder to detect by rabbits, birds and monster. (good for roaming late at night and hunting)

Makes sense. In the past similar suggestions, including one of mine which involved crafting flower petals into a "flower crown", aimed at allowing players to get closer to animals without spooking them. Personally i always felt Wendy, who looked so "cute" and "wholesome" should have been able to get within strangling distance of most cute animals... but of well.

Shoe Idea 3: Armor shoes. an alternative source or armor to the logsuit and football helmet. (would complement a mining helmet and backpack combo)

Sorry, but no, and I'll tell you why. The game originally only had one source of armor, the Log Suit. This was fine and good. Howevr, along came the Backpack which used the torso slot... and then there was a crisis! To avert this crisis the Devs added the Football Helmet, which was just as good as the Log Suit, but you wore it in the head slot. Now while players can wear both armors, the true purpose of the Football Helmet has always been to help "backpackers". Adding a new armor, just for the sake of more armor... I don't think we need that.

I think the characters already move at a good speed. If we needed to move faster the game should add mounts to ride. Also, how would you speed shoes work? What would they be crafted from? Would they wear out when equipped?

Makes sense. In the past similar suggestions, including one of mine which involved crafting flower petals into a "flower crown", aimed at allowing players to get closer to animals without spooking them. Personally i always felt Wendy, who looked so "cute" and "wholesome" should have been able to get within strangling distance of most cute animals... but of well.

Sorry, but no, and I'll tell you why. The game originally only had one source of armor, the Log Suit. This was fine and good. Howevr, along came the Backpack which used the torso slot... and then there was a crisis! To avert this crisis the Devs added the Football Helmet, which was just as good as the Log Suit, but you wore it in the head slot. Now while players can wear both armors, the true purpose of the Football Helmet has always been to help "backpackers". Adding a new armor, just for the sake of more armor... I don't think we need that.

The only reason I can think of to justify speed boosting shoes is for those long 2-3 day hikes that are sometimes necessary to gather some resources in the late game. I think they would best be implemented as end game items that require the alchemy engine and plenty of resources.

As for the armor shoes, i guess they would be overpowered so maybe have these shoes come with a speed penalty and maybe provide half or less protection than the log suit (also make equipping 2 or more armor items impossible) Again, the only reason I suggested the armor suits was to facilitate night expeditions.

The only reason I can think of to justify speed boosting shoes is for those long 2-3 day hikes that are sometimes necessary to gather some resources in the late game. I think they would best be implemented as end game items that require the alchemy engine and plenty of resources.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I enjoy those long treks. For me it's the long journey to the swamp so I can collect reeds. The reason why I enjoy it is because it breaks from the normal pace which usually has me running back to my base camp. Instead I get to spend some time at one of the smaller camps I've constructed along my main travel route (i.e. firepit, 20x logs, spear, log suit, torch, and chest /w food inside). If we allow players to move too quickly then these distances wouldn't mean as much.

This is also why I've objected to past suggestions for "teleporters".

As for the armor shoes, i guess they would be overpowered so maybe have these shoes come with a speed penalty and maybe provide half or less protection than the log suit (also make equipping 2 or more armor items impossible) Again, the only reason I suggested the armor suits was to facilitate night expeditions.

I wasn't so much objecting to having too much armor, as I was objecting to needlessly adding armor. Yes, your suggestion did mention the boots slowed you down as a penalty, but other than just adding more armor they didn't do anything else. For an example of what I mean by that, in another thread a forum member suggested new armors (torso slot) each with greater durability. I countered by saying that progressive durability was a boring concept (i.e. I've seen it already in lots of games, and most commonly in Minecraft). Rather, I suggested that maybe we could create new types of armor that had different abilities, for example, a old timey diving suit meant for diving underwater and exploring the sea's depths.

In fact, the only way I would even consider a replacement to the log suit is if they placed a penalty on it (i.e. slowed you down) and then added a more advanced armor that removed this penalty (but didn't necessarily grant more durability).

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts on the matter.