[Idea] The Shamans Crockpot

So i was thinking and remember an old idea i had that never went to far.

That idea was different buffing potions with different effects on the player.

Now with Shipwrecked this idea came back because of the overabundance of a lot of fooditems as well as some very unique items (Venomglands and Snakeoil for example) that would work perfectly for a brewing mechanic.

So my idea is the Shamans Crockpot a tier 1 magic recipe made out of Living Logs, Charcoal and maybe dark petals (i can't think of a good 3rd ingredience atm)

It would work similar to a crockpot however instead only has 3 slots for items and can only be harvest by filling up empty bottles once your brew is finished. However you can fill up to 3 bottles of a single brew.

For example putting in a Venomgland some Seaweed and some flint (yes you can cook anything in it since it's a magical pot) you create a Battle Brew what gives you 50% more damage and attackspeed but reduces sanity and hp by 25 points.

Other potions could be a potion of Luck (made out of Gold, a Jellyfish and Coral) what increases the chance for for drops from any sources (for example snakes could drop 2 items instead of 1), a Stoneskin potion (made out of Stone, Flint and and Gold) what reduces damage by 25% for a few seconds or a chlling potion (ice, melon and seaweed) what reduces heat for a set amount of time.

It would add another way to use items you might find useless atm or create a use for some unimplemented items (Snake Oil).

Sounds pretty cool to me!

Although honestly it could just be a brand new crafting station and it'd serve the same purpose honestly. I don't particularly see the need for it to take time to cook in a crock pot when you could just craft these new things using the station, although it's definitely a cool aesthetic  :wilson_nerdy:

Although honestly it could just be a brand new crafting station and it'd serve the same purpose honestly. I don't particularly see the need for it to take time to cook in a crock pot when you could just craft these new things using the station, although it's definitely a cool aesthetic  :wilson_nerdy:

The cooking part is mostly an asthetic choice but also a bit of a balancing one because stronger brews also need longer to cook so you can't just stack dozens of potions in your inventory. Also the need for bottles and filling them up gives them another use and is only a minor thing since you can make them yourself.

Like say the Battlebrew has a decend effect if you go fight Hounds, Sharx etc. but with Cooking you need to prepare it before they attack instead of quickly strolling over to the pot and just make 1 Battle Brew and whack then into oblivion once you get the message that they are approaching.

And it's not like you can't make more then 1 pot so you can still prepare more potions if you really need to (although maybe some go bad over time or change their effects)

The cooking part is mostly an asthetic choice but also a bit of a balancing one because stronger brews also need longer to cook so you can't just stack dozens of potions in your inventory. Also the need for bottles and filling them up gives them another use and is only a minor thing since you can make them yourself.

Like say the Battlebrew has a decend effect if you go fight Hounds, Sharx etc. but with Cooking you need to prepare it before they attack instead of quickly strolling over to the pot and just make 1 Battle Brew and whack then into oblivion once you get the message that they are approaching.

And it's not like you can't make more then 1 pot so you can still prepare more potions if you really need to (although maybe some go bad over time or change their effects)

Good point! Hopefully we can see something like this in the game soon!

Prefer to be crockpot type for a few reasons

A: EXPERIMENTATION

B: all recipes would have to be immediately available or give large sanity boosts for prototyping(imba)

C: less clutter on the toolbar and you don;t have to scroll thru it to find the potion you want

D: potion ingredients can vary to allow for stronger/weaker version of a potion( eg using a morsel instead f meat for weak healing or meat stew for superior healing)

Archived