Public release versus Opted In Caves Beta Cosmetic Patch

So I uploaded one of my characters to be compatible with the upcoming Caves Cosmetic Branch that's being used in DST. (Using the new extended sample character).

Unfortunately, it isn't backwards compatible. The new Clothes Compatible character of mine no longer works for public branch servers and ultimately crashes them.

On the other hand, my updated chracter works fine with the cosmetics branch. And thats the branch I play the most, I rarely ever play on the public branch anymore.

I understand that the crashes won't occur as long as I don't inspect someone but i refuse to play my game if my characters are not compatible with both versions of the game. 

Should I just ultimately just not even touch the game until the cosmetic branch is released to the public? I don't even want to prepare because there isn't an exact release date for the cosmetic branch coming out.

Edited by rons0n

• Developer

Hey @rons0n, unfortunately this is a bit of a tricky issue at the moment, since the workshop doesn't really have a way to host difference versions of the file. To answer your release date question, we hop we can get it out to the default branch before Christmas, but there are few factors that we're trying to resolve that might get in the way of that actually happening. Stay tuned for more info! Hopefully you and the rest of the modders can prepare towards that as a target tentative date. :)

• Developer

@rons0n, you're welcome! Please let me know if you run into particular issues that make any updating problematic. I'd love to know what changes you're making, so we can hopefully make that process as easy as possible (or hopefully work backwards compatible).