Making a backpack mod

I wanted to know - how to I make a backpack mod? I'm trying to make a customized backpack mod. I want it to function the same way as the standard backpack in DST, but I can't really find the problem. my game always crash when I start a server with the mod enabled, everytime I want to test it. I made it spawn in my inventory when I start, but it crashes right before the server is fully loaded. My friend already made the art for the backpack and all, but maybe I'm just not that good at modding after all because I can never find the problem.

All I did was copy the default backpack's lua and changed the lua file's name, changed everything in the codes of this file from "backpack" to "starterbackpack"

It's unhelpful to just say that it crashed. We need the specific error message to help you.

There is no specific message. Just crashes - the window doesn't respond and proceed to close the window. But anyway as one of the guys said I should probably ask this somewhere else because I'll have a better chance to get helped.

Archived