Random overheating?

I'm still in the Hurricane Season and the thermometer was just about past the half mark, being red, though not HOT.

I was hacking down my bamboo field and all of the sudden she (Wendy) felt really hot,  I stopped and didn't know what was happening... and then she got overheated so much that I lost 30HP when I sprinted to my endothermic firepit in my base.

Is that a bug, did anyone encounter the same or has any kind of info on that one o_O??

EDIT:

The thermometer was in full sight the whole time and it never jumped to a high temperature and the blueish hint from the Hurricane (Winter) Season was still present as well.

Huh. You were just cutting trees? Were there no heat sources nearby?

It happened to me too during 2nd season but that's because I lit a huge fire and stood on top of it (to dry faster).

Just hacking down some bamboo, yes.

Nope, all my fires were out.

I don't think temperature during hurricane season is actually low.

It isn't low, but it would not cause you to overheat, especially with no heat sources around o.O, otherwise the thermometer would have been way near the top and it was just above the half mark.

Hurricane season is the Winter in SW and thusly it isn't really warm - it is about to move into Monsoon, i.e. Spring, but even in there, there is no heat so much, that you will overheat (i.e. your screen gets yellow, then yellow and red and you start to lose health).

This is the day the overheat happened and you can see the thermometer and the endothermic firepit I was forced to activate:

post-722386-0-17811100-1449699032_thumb.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one this happened to (kind of).

Cb8qAiv.jpg

I think I was mining rocks at the time. It didn't really affect me, but it was still weird.

Do you have any mods installed? Maybe that's what's causing it?

Nope, all the Mods that I have installed are off, due to the fact that they would not work for SW at the moment anyway.

I made sure of that, because the game crashed once, deactivated the mods and everything was fine.

Nope, all the Mods that I have installed are off, due to the fact that they would not work for SW at the moment anyway.

I made sure of that, because the game crashed once, deactivated the mods and everything was fine.

Hm, weird, then. Maybe it's a thermal stone bug? That's really all I can think of.

Hm, weird, then. Maybe it's a thermal stone bug? That's really all I can think of.

That may be.  

I overheated shortly after picking one up from a hidden treasure.  Ended up leaving it there to remedy the situation.  It was fairly early in the game, so while I don't know for sure, I don't think the temperature was very hot at this point.

That could be it!

Apparently we both had the stone in our inventory.

I have to try that out at one point again, because I am not sure, if I picked it up WHEN I was overheating or after - because it was laying in the field which I have to move through to get around the sandbags and into my base.

I know that it wasn't glowing, though.

Meh, the stone is buggy atm anyway, it will only go to its freezing state when you put it in the fridge.

That is at least what people with fridges say, I sadly haven't found any chess monsters so far to try it out, but mine only goes to the blue state with the endo fire.

It's a legacy bug from the original game, not SW as far as I know. They might have fixed it in DST by now, but we're not likely to see DST fixes also applied to the original game (and by that to SW) anytime soon.

I never had that kind of bug in my DS nor in the RoG save files, I have played so far o.O and in my current RoG I am over 400 days.

Which is why I am really caught off-guard.

I never had that kind of bug in my DS nor in the RoG save files, I have played so far o.O and in my current RoG I am over 400 days.

Which is why I am really caught off-guard.

this used to be a bug when Overheating mechanic was just added, it's likely caused by the thermal stone, for now it is useless on SW so I Don't recomend making it

It's a legacy bug from the original game, not SW as far as I know. They might have fixed it in DST by now, but we're not likely to see DST fixes also applied to the original game (and by that to SW) anytime soon.

I remember this!  There's still this screenshot in my steam that I took where I overheated in winter, except this was during RoG's early stage.  I thought I'd had a thermal stone in my inventory, but it seems I didn't.  People also had weird issues back then with freezing if they stood between a fire and a thermal stone on the ground.

Just looked up this bug and was glad to see it was the same circumstances as everyone else.  I got the thermal stone out of a treasure chest and started overheating ~20 seconds later.  Proof positive:

11ad5f8efc7beca0a7719f79827c9c7a.jpg

Wilson overheating.  Note season clock reading Mild, and thermal stone in inventory.

6892e613f9ea457515bd2af1ba396020.png

He recovered the second I dropped it.

Bug, or cursed treasure?  Yarrrr, beware.

Oh screw it, we all know it's Maxwell.

Thanks for the assist, everyone!

On 17.12.2015 at 3:48 AM, Delcat42 said:

Just looked up this bug and was glad to see it was the same circumstances as everyone else.  I got the thermal stone out of a treasure chest and started overheating ~20 seconds later. [...]

Confirmed. It's a thermal stone bug. But it not only affects stones you found somewhere but also crafted ones. It was the beginning of the hurrican season and I made one in preperation for the Ice Maker 3000. I had some other things to do, so I keep it in the inventory for the moment. Soon I started to overheat very quickly and nearly died. I could only avoid to bite the dust by running from tree to tree. :D

Archived