The Food Update!

Which of these? (Multiple Choice for Multiple Add-On's!)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these? (Multiple Choice for Multiple Add-On's!)

• Farming!
    • Food Storage!
    • Hunger System!
    • Cooking!
    • None, these suck!

The Food Update!

Have you ever said to yourself, "Gee, I wish there was a bigger variety of food, but not more common, 'causs that's too easy," then this is the update for you! This update will adds all sorts of new things, all of which centered... on Food! See the sections below!

Farming
- New foods the obtain from farming: Potato, Peas, Green Beans, Beans, and others that I forgot about!
- Farming is harder, you can't just use manure to get infinite food!
Ex) Using manure makes the food restore less hunger, so watch out!
Ex) Birds will eat crops that are left alone for too long!
Ex) Crops can die if not picked quick enough, but they will replant themselves if this happens.
Ex) You can only grow Tier 3 crops with Turbo Farm Plots! (see below!)
- Food Tiers! The best foods are no longer accessible at the beginning!
Ex) Eggplants, Pumpkins, Mandrakes, Dragon Fruit, Meat, and all Crock Pot foods (Except Wet Goop) are Tier 3 Foods.
Ex) Corn, Durians, Pomegranates, Fish, and Drumsticks are Tier 2 Foods.
Ex) Carrots, Berries, Wet Goop, Morsels, Monster Meat, and Frog Legs are Tier 1 Foods.
-Tier 3 and Below Crops: Turbo Farm Plot.
-Tier 2 and Below Crops: Speedy Farm Plots.
-Tier 1 Crops: Farm Plot.

Food Storage!
Do you hate storing food forever? Well, not anymore! Do you need to stock up on food for Winter where you can't grow food, either? We got you covered, too!
- Food eventually rots when not in the right storage area!
- Meat Locker added for not only Meat storage, but all food storage! Halves food decay rate.
- The longer food sits, the less hunger it restores.
- Once crops rot, it turns into Pile of Mold, which can be used to fully light a fire!
- Once Meat rots, it turns into Monster Meat!

Hunger System!
- You can become full, which briefly stops the period of hunger deterioration! The more "hunger points" over 100 you go, the longer this buff lasts.
- Doing less activities makes your hunger go down slower, but doesn't stop it completely.
- As a result, doing more activities makes your hunger drop faster!
- Eating the same food multiple times decreases the hunger you get from it. This stops you from pigging out on carrots and berries!

Cooking!
- Cooking time is more defined!
Ex) Fruit Medley takes almost no time to cook, you are just dicing it and putting it in a glass.
Ex) Turkey Dinner takes half a day to cook, because that's a lot of meat to cook!
- Added Recipes!
Ex) Baked Potato = 1 Potato, 1 Seed (Required), 1 Optional/Filler , and 1 Optional/Filler
Ex) Steak Dinner = 1 Meat (Uncooked), 1 Seed (Required), 1 Potato (Uncooked) and 1 Optional Vegi/Filler
Ex) Lot's of other secret recipes to be discovered!

I hope you like these ideas for the.... FOOD UPDATE!!! (Dun dun duuuuuunnnn!!!) Edited by Prussia
Fixed Typos

I can't say much about more food variety since I barely even tried half of what's already in the game, but I gotta say I particularly like the idea of a container specifically for food. A lot of people complain about being able to just stockpile tons of food easily and want it to rot, but I personally like being able to have some supplies saved up. This could mean we can keep storing stuff, but not so much of it.

The idea with food rotting is kinda cool, but again there is some things i dont like. I think it would be nice if colecting food in the winter would be almost impossible, so while you have summer you NEED to scavenge A LOT of food for winter, but if the food just spoils then that idea is dead... :p Nice ideas with birds stealing crops though :p

The idea with food rotting is kinda cool, but again there is some things i dont like. I think it would be nice if colecting food in the winter would be almost impossible, so while you have summer you NEED to scavenge A LOT of food for winter, but if the food just spoils then that idea is dead... :p Nice ideas with birds stealing crops though :p

What do you mean by "almost impossible"? Because and how does food spoilage kill the idea? That's what the Meat Locker would be for.