Shipwrecked Cave(s) Layer(s)

As we mostly know, the Volcano will be accessible in the near future, the files are all there, the error is with the SaveIndex. Volcano_exit is the prefab for both the entrance and exit it seems, as it has code to go both in and out depending on the world it's placed in.

But, as the volcano files resemble the ruins, maybe a cave world is in order? It could be an underwater world, full of Wascal Wobsters and Crabs! Corals, etc. Limestone! but requires the certain materials to survive in, or you can only survive for around ~3minutes, and move slower. There should be diving bells both in and out of the water as set pieces, to make it accessible easier.

But, a cooler feature, an oxygen level. If your boat breaks you should lose 50 sanity and sink down to the underwater level (Unless in shallow water, then you should swim >.>) or with a life jacket make it back to the island (not tried life jacket), but you should only have 2/3 Oxygen or something, so you have an urgent 2 minute rush to make it back to the surface. In dusk underwater should be blacked out, and the same in night. In day it should have dusk light, to show the water blocking out the light. Then you have not long to live, and can't use any kind of fire under the water, so maybe a sealed lantern could be used under there, or some kind of diving suit flashlight attachment. Lava is also under water, so if desperate, dig a lava geyser underwater and access the Volcano level, and fight off the monsters to make it back to the surface. Sinking would then make you lose all your items, possibly drown, but if you recover a shovel (all items dropped within 20tiles in a circle around the point you land) you could dig a geyser, and go through the volcano when you're low on oxygen, although due to the smoke, oxygen should NOT regenerate in the volcano. So you fight off the monsters, almost dead, but brightly lit, and EMERGE ONCE MORE,  in a Volcano biome. 

tl;dr git gud

the files are all there

Not all of them, no.

as it has code to go both in and out depending on the world it's placed in.

This one just goes down. The "up code" is carried over from the caves code.

You are going UP the volcano.

Not all of them, no.

This one just goes down. The "up code" is carried over from the caves code.

You are going UP the volcano.

Spawn it yourself. Quote is DESCEND, and the Error clearly shows it's entering the volcano.

Spawn it yourself. Quote is DESCEND, and the Error clearly shows it's entering the volcano.

Well, of course it gives that error. You aren't exiting the volcano if the opening is on the archipelago.

If you try the one that does spawn after climbing the volcano, it does work properly.

Well, of course it gives that error. You aren't exiting the volcano if the opening is on the archipelago.

If you try the one that does spawn after climbing the volcano, it does work properly.

Climbing the Volcano?.... Don't think that's possible... But the code and logs quite clearly show it is an ENTRANCE. The anim is called volcano_entrance for god's sake, and it's quite clearly stairs downward.

Climbing the Volcano?.... Don't think that's possible... But the code and logs quite clearly show it is an ENTRANCE. The anim is called volcano_entrance for god's sake, and it's quite clearly stairs downward.

It is an entrance as in you enter back in the volcano to exit the place where you ended at.

Perhaps if you looked at the code better you could craft a way to enter the volcano?

It is an entrance as in you enter back in the volcano to exit the place where you ended at.

Perhaps if you looked at the code better you could craft a way to enter the volcano?

Okay, now you make no sense. The Volcano can't be climbed, either. The files in the SAVEINDEX are broken. IT CANT SAVE THE DAMN WORLD. THAT IS THE ONLY ISSUE. ITS AN ENTRANCE.

This is just ... MINDBLOWN . Is there a way to get in normally ? (and we can expect more from it after all it's not even finished) 

But i'm not sure if I want to see it just yet kinda wanna wait for the full version before I spoil it for myself .

This is just ... MINDBLOWN . Is there a way to get in normally ? (and we can expect more from it after all it's not even finished) 

But i'm not sure if I want to see it just yet kinda wanna wait for the full version before I spoil it for myself .

If you want, download the mod I made. It's more normal. It basically adds an OnActivated and Inspectable component to the normal Volcano, so when you click on it, it generates a Lava Cave world. It might crash when leaving, not tested. Sometimes it crashes because some sounds are missing.

EDIT: Thought I'd say I did give credit to DarkXero, and it uses the Lava_Active waves, not the Volcano_Cloud waves. I will change this with a modconfig when I can.

Archived