How do you prevent flooding?

Build Sandbags around it. You'll need to refine a lot of cloth though so I recommend getting yourself lots of Bamboo first, then a ton of Sand.

I had two main bases once the flooding started. One with just a square of Sandbags around it with a single space entrance at the top and bottom respectively. That flooded. My other base, I used "S" shaped entrances. That seemed to do it. Stayed dry all season.

Build Sandbags around it. You'll need to refine a lot of cloth though so I recommend getting yourself lots of Bamboo first, then a ton of Sand.

I had two main bases once the flooding started. One with just a square of Sandbags around it with a single space entrance at the top and bottom respectively. That flooded. My other base, I used "S" shaped entrances. That seemed to do it. Stayed dry all season.

ahk i guess i've just arranged my sandbags the wrong way, would you mind uploading a screenshot so i can see how you've built yours?

I'd also like to know, I have my entire base surrounded with sandbags yet its still getting flooded, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that its just bugged.

Some clarity how flooding and sandbags work from the developers would also be greatly appreciated.

post-629303-0-73057600-1449233827_thumb.

Not only the ocean rises, but puddles form because rain.

A puddle formed outside your sandbagged base? That's it, nothing to do here.

A puddle formed and you want to stop it? Surround it with sandbags.

A puddle formed directly on top of your stuff?

Tough luck. Pray to be lucky next time.

ahk i guess i've just arranged my sandbags the wrong way, would you mind uploading a screenshot so i can see how you've built yours?

This is the second of my bases I mentioned above. The one that didn't flood. It seemed to stop puddles that were approaching my base. At one point the entire perimeter was flooded with a small amount coming in through one of the openings. It never came in more than one floor tile though.

Although, having read some of the responses here, I'm starting to think I might have just got lucky. IDK.

Anyway: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077506953/screenshots/

Apparently I got lucky and I'm quite annoyed by this. I'm really not sure why it's happening. The puddle started off just south of my base but as it grew the water came straight under the bags, which I assume is a bug since they're meant to STOP water, and broke my Alchemy Engine, forcing me to move it.

I should add that the water didn't seem to progress along the entrance path. It definitely came under the sandbags. You can see the same thing happening at the top of my base too.

I should also add, the large amount of water in the image south of my base is actually 2 puddles combining to form one mega-puddle.

Yeah, sandbags only help against the tides and puddles that form on the outside. If it rains they won't do anything and you'll still get flooded on the inside.

I wish I knew that before trapping myself in sandbags. At least playing as Maxwell makes the sanity drain from being wet not annoying.

MbO0Ncu.jpg

That's what's annoying me. This puddle did start outside my base. If it had formed within the sandbags I would have just thought "well, that's poor luck. Oh well", but the fact the water came under that bags as if they weren't even there is more than slightly irritating.

That's what's annoying me. This puddle did start outside my base. If it had formed within the sandbags I would have just thought "well, that's poor luck. Oh well", but the fact the water came under that bags as if they weren't even there is more than slightly irritating.

Yea i'm starting to think the sandbag thing is not at all what we think it is.

perhaps it doesn't help at all vs rising tides as it's a permanent rise in water level.....?

and you only need them to stop puddles from growing..

Seems like anything too close to the edge of an island is done for .

sandbags or not....

can someone confirm this?

From what I can see, and as others have mentioned, the puddles seem to occur randomly. If that's right on top of your stuff then that's bad luck. All the sandbags do from what I can tell is to stop the spread of those puddles once they've formed. If anyone has found differently, then I'm all ears.

I'm seriously toying with the idea of a small backup base to retreat to with just the essentials to give me an alternative until things dry up. Also I am crafting gasmasks and shell armour relentlessly to negate Mosquitos.

From what I can see, and as others have mentioned, the puddles seem to occur randomly. If that's right on top of your stuff then that's bad luck. All the sandbags do from what I can tell is to stop the spread of those puddles once they've formed. If anyone has found differently, then I'm all ears.

I have. See above. Puddle formed outside base, grew, now it's inside base.

I have. See above. Puddle formed outside base, grew, now it's inside base.

Same happened to me, still working out why but assumed it was my fault. I had an unbroken line of Sandbags, it wasn't the tide and one particular puddle spread into the corner of my base.

The other two puddles seemed to be held in.

Either way, at the moment it is very messy and I feel luck is the difference between everything being drenched or it being a cake walk with just the mosquitos to deal with.

Archived