Base Building

Just interested to know if improved base building will ever be implemented in Don't Starve. We have the basic concept in place but I'm thinking more along the lines of layering floors (max 2 would be cosy). It doesn't need to be all protecting, just something end game we can work on and add to. 

Key features

* Walls and doors (becomes transparent when inside).

* More ways to place/position/rotate wall pieces.

* Various cosmetic items, paintings, decorations etc... we can craft from surplus resources.

* Electricity, base is powered from natural elements. Without power everything fails. So anything inside your base needs power to work. 

* Roofing, weak and needs regular maintenance. 

* Defence turrets, similar to Houndious Shootius, but could be smaller more clockwork looking. 

* Weathering effects, again force us to patch up weakening areas. 

* Multi storey. Max 2 floors seems reasonable. 

A base building dlc would be something I'd definitely buy. 

Though this would definitely be nice, I think the devs should focus on what are in my opinion higher priorities. There's nothing wrong with having a mini minecraft, but to me different gameplay mechanics such as weather effects, new bosses, mini-bosses, biomes and their respective characteristics/items/mobs, generally more, but unique, additions to the game that make the game more interesting (as if it already isn't).

To me base-building, or in this case base-decorating really, doesn't add anything new besides stuff to do when you get bored of playing the game, as in engaging yourself in the potential aforementioned aspects of the game. It IS good to have, but I'd rather Klei focus their time and money on updates like this tip top DLC.

This is a great idea, I would love to see how it would be made and what other accessories you could make, such as a fireplace to not light the house on fire, or a few uses for the floors to, such as regaining sanity.

Brilliant idea. Fire places would work like normal fire pits. I've also had a thought. What if we could still be attacked by nightmare creatures inside our home. So obviously during night you still need to have light outdoors aswell as light indoors. 

Brilliant idea. Fire places would work like normal fire pits. I've also had a thought. What if we could still be attacked by nightmare creatures inside our home. So obviously during night you still need to have light outdoors aswell as light indoors. 

It would be a hassle to keep it all lit but also safer from other events. Wonder how it would stand up to the freezes, eruptions, and wind across the games.

Electricity, base is powered from natural elements. Without power everything fails. So anything inside your base needs power to work.  -

I like this idea, may be electricity from Tesla trees planted near base (some sort of power station)...
Besides It's Maxwell's world)) so let Nicola Tesla's idea of distance energy disposal come true! 
And for example during spring, lightning strikes will overload "power stations" and make ice boxes or ice flingomatic stop working for awihle, and to avoid this you'll need to craft some power-safe element prior to spring season. Would like it in DST.

Tesla_tree.png

Archived