Program Rarity?

I know that different programs show up at different rates. For example I almost never see Wings and Feast and Halt I think were removed entirely. Does anyone know how rare each program is and if they have specific requirements to have show up? ie on in sever farm levels/later levels of campaign/endless?

Each program has a weight value. Higher weight means higher chance of said program appearing in shop. Below are 2 lists. "progList" is for Primary Server Terminals and "noBreakerProgList" for Secondary Server Terminals. For example, Hunter is common (weight 20/20), Parasite is quite common (weight 20/10) while Wrenches are rather rare (weight 5/5) and Wings is super rare (weight 2/1).

progList = util.weighted_list(        {			wrench_2 = 5,			wrench_3 = 5,			wrench_4 = 5,			wrench_5 = 5,			hammer = 20,			parasite = 20,			parasite_2 = 20,			sniffer = 20,        --Daemon Sniffer			hunter = 20,			dagger = 20,			dagger_2 = 20,			lockpick_1 = 20,			lockpick_2 = 20,			mainframePing = 20,   --Ping			oracle = 20,			wings = 2,			shade = 10,			leash = 20,			dataBlast = 20,			rapier = 20,			esp = 20,              --Wisp			pwr_manager = 20,      --Abacus			pwr_manager_2 = 5,     --Abacus 2.0			taurus = 20,			emergency_drip = 20,   --Emergency Reserve			wildfire = 20, 			brimstone = 20,			lightning = 10,			rogue = 20,			fool = 10,			flare = 20,			overdrive = 20,			charge = 20,			root = 20,		}),		noBreakerProgList = util.weighted_list(        {			wrench_2 = 5,			wrench_3 = 5,			wrench_4 = 5,			wrench_5 = 5,			dagger = 10,			parasite = 10,			lockpick_1 = 10,			lockpick_2 = 10,			sniffer = 20,			hunter = 20,			mainframePing = 20,			oracle = 20,			wings = 1,			shade = 1,			leash = 20,			dataBlast = 20,			esp = 20,			pwr_manager = 20,			pwr_manager_2 = 5,			taurus = 20,			emergency_drip = 5,			wildfire = 20, 			brimstone = 5, 			lockpick_2 = 10, 			lightning = 10,			rogue = 20,			overdrive = 20,			charge = 20,			root = 20,		}),

No wonder I've only seen Wings once. It's an awesome programm though and I'd always pick it up on a regular run. On endless it'll fade away as everyone maxes their speed and gets Stim 3s.

Wrenches are are too. Although added up you'll have the same chance to find A wrench.

What I found in the DLC is that you can't bank on getting some kind of breaker program from Secondary Server Terminals anymore. With only two programs for sale the pool is too diluted with the new additions. So if you start with a situational breaker like Parasite or Rapier, you should plan to hit a Server Farm early. Id even go so far and say up the number of programs in the terminals to three. It's not that much of a problem with the Nano Fabs because their inventory is seperated by categories.

Why would it be awkward? Both are autobuys, whether or not you have the other.

I think Ping is a bit better than Wisp, but this is apparently controversial.

It's awkward because you also want to have a diverse set of offensive programs and you have limited slots, plus you usually need power generation programs (except with certain builds). So spending 2 slots on support is actually a lot. Having said that, Ping and Wisp are both great programs, and I would probably grab both if I had the opportunity early on in a game. However I'd almost never keep both late game, replacing one with a more offensive program. Also, I prefer a Tag Gun to Wisp only because item inventory is larger than program inventory, so once I get a Tag Gun I usually sell off Wisp if I have it.

In my current game I have two support programs: Bless and Ping; but only because I am using Central and have Fool, so I don't need any power generation programs because I have plenty. I still have three offensive programs.

Well now that I've seen the probabilities that makes my run when I got Wrench 2/3/4 plus Parasite a rarer run than I thought! That was a great combo. Very energy efficient.

I'm skeptical that Parasive v2.0 is really set to that high a frequency. I've seen it exactly twice in dozens of playthroughs and I look for it every time.

Archived