I'm about to make it to my first winter!

I'm playing as Webber, and I have 2 level 2 spider farms that i get meat from everyday. I have 6 meat currently hanging on my drying racks, a crockpot, and a ice box with a bunch of jerky. I have 2 bee boxes, sadly I placed them horribly away from flowers and they've made jack shat. I got a bird cage, and even a beefalo hat. I have about 16 manuer, and 3 improved farms. It's dusk of day 17 atm.

Anyway, when was your guys first winter? Just so you know, I've only been playing for about a week.

I'm playing as Webber, and I have 2 level 2 spider farms that i get meat from everyday. I have 6 meat currently hanging on my drying racks, a crockpot, and a ice box with a bunch of jerky. I have 2 bee boxes, sadly I placed them horribly away from flowers and they've made jack shat. I got a bird cage, and even a beefalo hat. I have about 16 manuer, and 3 improved farms. It's dusk of day 17 atm.

Anyway, when was your guys first winter? Just so you know, I've only been playing for about a week.

It was a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long time ago. I died.

Sounds like you're ready to take on the elements.

You'll "wake up" one day and notice that a shade of blue is tinting everything, there'll be gently falling snow, and you'll probably end up making a lot of fires to keep from freezing. I know I did.

Good luck!

I started playing back in 2013, so my first winter (and subsequent deaths) were ages ago. When I finally got to day 20(ish), I didn't actually realize there was a winter. I thought I had traveled to a cold area of the map (rocky biome/mountains) and needed to get back to somewhere warm, like the savannah. 

:wilson_facepalm:

You sound like you've got a good set up going for your first winter, congrats! Just wanted to say with regards to your bee/flower situation, there are ways to get flowers over there on your own.

Make a bug net and catch butterflies with it. You can then plant the butterflies in the ground by grabbing them with your mouse, and right-clicking. Once planted, they'll make a flower. Also, since you're playing RoG, new flowers will generated randomly throughout the world whenever it rains.

Archived