[Gameplay] - Daemon database does not reveal hidden daemons

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Daemon database does not reveal hidden daemons
Issue Description: Although I have control of the Daemon Database, there are some hidden daemons left on the floor (these may have been created by Modded MKIs).

P.S. Love the game, love the DLC (especially the new final mission, in which this issue occurred). Fantastic work!
Steps to Reproduce: BUILD[trunk.156467] LUA[156467] USER[83176539@steam]
GAME [0.17.10].5.3.9.4.mid_1.plastech.3519327235

post-212216-0-25478000-1447768975_thumb.

Note: I tried to add the save file, but attachments don't work properly in the bug submission form, and the save was overwritten before I realised that it had not been included. It is probably attachment no. 64849 if required.

Didn't even a single daemon get revealed? It's understandable if most daemons got revealed but there are still two or three left, that's probably caused by a fractal or like you said a MKI. But do you remember if there were any existing daemons before you hacked the database? At least those should have been hacked.

Also, can you guarantee that it in fact WAS a daemon database and not some other database? I know I'm stretching it but hey, anything could be possible.

Daemon Database reveals all daemons present at the moment of hacking it. If new daemons get placed by Modded Mk1 or Fractal afterwards, they won't be identified. I don't know if this is intended behavior. Try this: Use EMP Pack on Daemon Database to force it to reboot. Then hack it again after it reboots. It should reveal rest of the daemons. EDIT: Went in game and checked this. EMP's won't do, but Modded Mk1 recapturing Daemon Database does. Grab it back and it will reveal rest of the Daemons.

It's definitely a bug.

After having hacked the database it does not reveal new deamons, nor demons that are moved with taurus.

I'm always happy when they repossess the deamon database because that means I can get the new/moved deamons revealed again.

• Developer

It seems to me that it's working right, that is, it only reveals currently know daemons at the time of hacking. Daemons installed after hacking the database are not revealed.

If you had it do something different, please let me know :-)

If that's intended, then that's really quite annoying and unintuitive.

Maybe you should give us an option to release a hack on any hacked object. This way you could re-hack the database later to reveal the new deamons.

Which would also be handy for another reason: unhacking an object so there is space for taurus to kick deamons to.

Archived