Need some help with my dedicated multi-level server

I've managed to host a dedicated server just fine. I've even managed to host a dedicated, multi-level server. My problem is that when i enter a sinkhole, i dont arrive in a caveworld, i travel to what appears to be another surface world. So the sinkhole kinda works like a wormhole between two surfaceworlds. Can anyone shed some light about where i've might have gone wrong? 

I've double checked my DST_Cave folder, and the worldgenoverride.lua inside it.

"
return {

override_enabled = true,
preset="DST_CAVE",
}
"

Beyond that, I don't know where I went wrong. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My OS is Win10.

+ i need some help with enabling mods. Again, I've managed to enable the "Always on status" mod, but two of the other mods I want enabled doesn't seem to work. This, however, isn't as critical as the above mentioned problem.

Yeah, already tried that several time while tweaking some of the settings. Didnt work unfortunately

Did you also try on both folders (overworld folder and caves folder) also are you 100% sure you are opted in for caves beta and performed the necessary update?

Did you also try on both folders (overworld folder and caves folder) also are you 100% sure you are opted in for caves beta and performed the necessary update?

There's a good chance it's what Exentric90 mentioned or your worldgenoverride.lua is actually worldgenoverride.lua.txt. you need to enable the windows explorer feature to show file extensions and remove the .txt because even though you named it .lua it's still a .txt file

Yeah, I've deleted both files, and I'm already opted into the caves beta

Yes, I've deleted both files, and I'm already opted into the caves beta

There's a good chance it's what Exentric90 mentioned or your worldgenoverride.lua is actually worldgenoverride.lua.txt. you need to enable the windows explorer feature to show file extensions and remove the .txt because even though you named it .lua it's still a .txt file

I was struggling with the worldgenoverride.lua when i was initially trying to set up the server. But I think it was done correctly. It's file icon is changed, and its described as a LUA-file when I view its type.

And here's my settings, for both server folders. Dont know if it will help:

DST_Cave:
[MISC]
CONSOLE_ENABLED = true
autocompiler_enabled = true

[network]
steam_authentication_port = 12348
steam_master_server_port = 12349
default_server_name = Reclaimer's World
default_server_description = jjio
server_port = 11001
server_password = ***
max_players = 5
pvp = false
game_mode = endless
server_save_slot = 3
pause_when_empty = true

[shard]
shard_enable = true
is_master = false
master_ip = 127.0.0.1
master_port = 11200
shard_name = caves
cluster_key = secretkeysaresecret
shard_id = 1240428602

DST_Server:
[MISC]
CONSOLE_ENABLED = true
autocompiler_enabled = true

[network]
steam_authentication_port = 12345
steam_master_server_port = 12346
default_server_name = Reclaimer's World
default_server_description = bk
server_port = 10999
server_password = ***
max_players = 5
pvp = false
game_mode = endless
server_save_slot = 3
pause_when_empty = true

[shard]
shard_enable = true
is_master = true
master_port = 11200
cluster_key = secretkeysaresecret

Try removing the shard_id Lind in the dst caves settings.ini I can't remember me using it. (can't look it up right now seeing that I'm at work.

Also please try forcing an update (dunno if you are using steamcmd or not?)

Alright, will try your first suggestion. I have no experience with steamcmd though. I tried to use it once, but it was disheartening.

A few suggestions:

1. Try changing your server save slot of your slave to 4 (I have mine set at different different slots but I don't remember why).

2. Delete both save folders of the master and slave (I don't know if you've tried to delete both since the earlier suggestion was just DST_Caves save folder)

3. If neither works, make sure both the slave and master generate a new world and then share the log files with us after. It might help to see what went wrong.

Could you please do the following:

1. Clear the save folder for your caves server
  2. Run that server and wait for it to generate the world
  3. Shut down that server
  4. Post the log file.

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. :-)

Thank you all for your time and help, I appreciate it!

DST_Cave log is log.txt

DST_Server log is log.txt

It's weird.. It does load the worldgenoverride.lua but still start's to generate a normal overworld (preset= survival)

I honestly have no clue anymore and hope a klei member can help you out.

Yeah, it`s really weird. I feel that I`ve done everything right, concerning the guide, but obviously something is wrong. I appreciate that you tried anyways, so thank you!

Thank you all for your time and help, I appreciate it!

DST_Cave log is attachicon.giflog.txt

DST_Server log is attachicon.giflog.txt

I don't know if this is interfering with your world gen but try disabling all of your mods in both servers then delete the save folders in master and slave and check again. Also you have the mod always on in your dedicated server which is actually a client mod so it doesn't need to be downloaded on your server.

I've double checked my DST_Cave folder, and the worldgenoverride.lua inside it. " return { override_enabled = true, preset="DST_CAVE", } "

Just a blind guess but do u have the quotation marks before return and at the very end included into your lua file? Could be wrong on that but wouldn't they interfere with the script?

I don't know if this is interfering with your world gen but try disabling all of your mods in both servers then delete the save folders in master and slave and check again. Also you have the mod always on in your dedicated server which is actually a client mod so it doesn't need to be downloaded on your server.

I actually managed to get it working, but forgot to post it here. I don't know how it worked out. But i opted out, then opted into the beta again, removed mods, and deleted all save folders (in DST_Cave, DST_Sever and in DoNotStarveTogheter). I did these three things. So thank you all for your time and help.

So the mod "Always on status" doesnt need to be downloaded to the server? What about "PickyPicky" mod and "Global player icon".

I actually managed to get it working, but forgot to post it here. I don't know how it worked out. But i opted out, then opted into the beta again, removed mods, and deleted all save folders (in DST_Cave, DST_Sever and in DoNotStarveTogheter). I did these three things. So thank you all for your time and help.

So the mod "Always on status" doesnt need to be downloaded to the server? What about "PickyPicky" mod and "Global player icon".

Good to hear your server is now working properly. :)

Global player icon needs to be installed in the server. I don't know about pickypicky since I'm not familiar with it but you can check the mod page for that and if it says something like all_clients_mod then that means it needs to be installed in the server.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!

Enjoy! :D

Archived