I'm trying to make a caves beta server, but the caves are also overworld

My servers seem to be working perfectly fine.  I haven't had any crashes or anything so far.  Whenever I go into a sinkhole, I connect to the slave server, and come out of .... a sinkhole.  On the surface world.   I look on my map, and where I was is nowhere to be seen, so I am in a new world.  I go back into the sinkhole, and I'm back in the old world.

So, basically my slave server is running a separate over-world instead of a cave.  How do I fix this?  Also, how do I add ruins?  I've seen a server with those before.

Ok, I edited the worldgenoverride.lua in the dst_caves folder a bit to look like this:

return {
override_enabled = true,
preset="DST_CAVE",
}

It used to look like this: return {override_enabled = true, preset="DST_CAVE",}

Now for some reason, when I try to make my server generate a new world, the server crashes.

Just a troubleshooting list for this problem that I've seen in different threads that may help you:

First of, make sure your server and your client is properly updated to the latest version of the caves beta. (You probably already are but it doesn't hurt to mention or check  :-) )

If your server and client are properly updated, make sure that your worldgenoverride.lua is actually a .lua by right clicking the file (if in windows) and select properties. It should say the file type is "LUA File (.lua)" and not "Text Document (.txt)".

If your version is updated and your file is correct as "worldgenoverride.lua" then try deleting the save folders of your master and slave folder and run the servers again to generate a new world. Check to see if it generates properly.

If none of the above works, try changing the save slots of the master and slave into different slots in settings.ini then delete the save folders again and generate a new world to check.

If still nothing works, share your log file for both master and slave. Hopefully it will help find whatever is wrong.

I hope this helps.

Just a troubleshooting list for this problem that I've seen in different threads that may help you:

First of, make sure your server and your client is properly updated to the latest version of the caves beta. (You probably already are but it doesn't hurt to mention or check  :-) )

If your server and client are properly updated, make sure that your worldgenoverride.lua is actually a .lua by right clicking the file (if in windows) and select properties. It should say the file type is "LUA File (.lua)" and not "Text Document (.txt)".

If your version is updated and your file is correct as "worldgenoverride.lua" then try deleting the save folders of your master and slave folder and run the servers again to generate a new world. Check to see if it generates properly.

If none of the above works, try changing the save slots of the master and slave into different slots in settings.ini then delete the save folders again and generate a new world to check.

If still nothing works, share your log file for both master and slave. Hopefully it will help find whatever is wrong.

I hope this helps.

DST_Cave log log.txt

DST_Server log log.txt

Hi,

i have the exact same issue i have copied the worldgenoverride.lua for my Caves server exactly from here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/

return {override_enabled = true,preset="DST_CAVE",}
I already tried to delete the saves folder within my caves server config directory, ialso switched the used slot multiple times and tried to use c_regenerateworld() whileboth servers were running but the caves server is always generating an overworld map it's like the worldgenoverride.lua weren't even there.

Hi @SgtKimbo,

when i check your log of server cave

######### Generating SURVIVAL Mode Level########	[00:00:05]: scripts/worldgen_main.lua(475,1) WORLDGEN PRESET: 	SURVIVAL_TOGETHER	[00:00:05]: scripts/worldgen_main.lua(483,1) WORLDGEN LEVEL ID: 	1	[00:00:05]: scripts/worldgen_main.lua(490,1) ######### Generating Normal Mode Together Forever Level SURVIVAL_TOGETHER########	

he don't generate a server cave so maybe that's your problem

can you share your both settings.ini of your servers?

your worldgenoverride.lua is in folder DST_Cave right?

because you need worldgenoverride.lua in DST_Server and in DST_Cave

and of course your worldgenoverride.lua in folder DST_Cave need this:

and when you generate your world, you need to have this in your log of server cave:

######### Generating SURVIVAL Mode Level########	scripts/worldgen_main.lua(475,1) WORLDGEN PRESET: 	DST_CAVE	scripts/worldgen_main.lua(483,1) WORLDGEN LEVEL ID: 	5	scripts/worldgen_main.lua(490,1) ######### Generating Normal Mode The Caves Level DST_CAVE########	

Hi @ChaosMind,

can you try the same thing as the above instructions?

I have somehow solved my problem my guess is that i fixed it by renaming my configuration directorys in literally "DST_Server" and "DST_CAVE" (maybe it is importtant that DST_CAVE is in all caps?).

In earlier attempts i had used the default directory for the main shard and "DST_Cave" for the Cave-Shard and that didn't work.

maybe something else fixed the problem but i'm not aware of what else i could have been possibly done in order to solve this issue, except for deleting my save folders and restarting both servers over and over again.

Hi,

i have the exact same issue i have copied the worldgenoverride.lua for my Caves server exactly from here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/

I already tried to delete the saves folder within my caves server config directory, ialso switched the used slot multiple times and tried to use c_regenerateworld() whileboth servers were running but the caves server is always generating an overworld map it's like the worldgenoverride.lua weren't even there.

I had the exact same problem as you.  What you need to do is add a space before and after the =.  

preset = "DST_CAVE",

Archived