Character Mod not Appearing when uploaded to Workshop

Here's the Problem:

So I have run into a really weird problem with my character mod. I am currently using Don't Starve Mod Tools to upload my custom character mod (attached below in a zip file), but I am unable to get the Steam Mod to work. What happens is that when I upload a mod it seems to be working fine and posts to Steam no prob, but that's where things go awry. My mod, after subscribing to it, does not appear in the mods selection menu in-game. This is very frustrating as I have been working on this mod for quite some time, and have it finally ready to be published, but not appearing in-game. I have noticed two weird phenomenon, however. Firstly, the file size when uploaded is way too large. I have done character mods before and found the average size to be about a megabyte for a character but for some reason when posted to Steam it appears as 11 MB. Secondly, on rare occasion, after I have posted my character mod to Steam, and currently in-game, I will have the appearance of a "mod downloading" screen, but this is quite rare.

Here's what I have tried:

• Removing all traces of the mod from the mod folders before uploading, so as not to confuse the game on which one is the actual mod 
  • Run a diagnostic Test on my mod to make sure it works, and, sure enough, it does
  • Re-uploading the mod several times, none of which have warranted success

To sum things up:

I have no clue what the issue is but I feel like it's probably really bad in terms of fixing. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I have put lots of effort into this character.

Jake(Beta).zip

post-652109-0-94668500-1445309523_thumb.

Hi, SlackPack!

Your mod appears in the mods folder after you download it, right?

Also, for the large file size, try removing the exported folder after the animations get compiled.

If you need any help, I'll be somewhere around here!

I will try this immediately, and let you know what happens. Thank you for the advice

Update: Ok so I went into the mod folder after subscribing to my mod and it didn't seem to appear. I did notice, however, that when I went in-game it gave me the updating mods loading bar, but the mod wouldn't download.

Any information on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Edited by TheSlackPack

I have good news!

I had a well-known contributor on this forum approach me on Steam and give me the solution to the problem. It turns out I simply had one of my lua files misplaced.

That still makes me wonder though why it worked in-game but oh well, I'm just glad it's fixed now

Thanks for you input anyhow!

Edited by TheSlackPack

I have good news!

I had a well-known contributor on this forum approach me on Steam and give me the solution to the problem. It turns out I simply had one of my lua files misplaced.

That still makes me wonder though why it worked in-game but oh well, I'm just glad it's fixed now

Thanks for you input anyhow!

I am having the same issue. What file seemed to be out of place?

I am having the same issue. What file seemed to be out of place?

I had a separate lua file for my fedora prefab misplaced in the Prefabs folder. This was causing the game to become confused trying to use both lua files (despite the fact that I had combined them both into one)