Custom Worldgen Customization Options

You can add options to your mod configuration screen (as introduced in API version 6). It's not quite worldgen screen, but it'll do.

I think OP is looking to add his own adjustable options to the worldgen screen.

It's been a while since I've looked at this kind of stuff, but if I'm remembering correctly, what OP wants is a huge pain in the butt.

I think OP is looking to add his own adjustable options to the worldgen screen.

It's been a while since I've looked at this kind of stuff, but if I'm remembering correctly, what OP wants is a huge pain in the butt.

Is there anything about the worldgen options screen that can't be achieved by the mod config screen? Sure, it isn't world-specific, but as far as I am aware, it works as an options screen.

EDIT: OP means Over-Powered, OPeration, Original Post, Original Poster and OPa gangnam style simultanously.

Is there anything about the worldgen options screen that can't be achieved by the mod config screen? Sure, it isn't world-specific, but as far as I am aware, it works as an options screen.

EDIT: OP means Over-Powered, OPeration, Original Post, Original Poster and OPa gangnam style simultanously.

Perhaps, but I can't think of any specific examples. I'm sure there's a way to do worldgen tweaks to only the next world generated, but I don't even have any pseudocode for that.

I think hacking the worldgen options screen to include the specific mod config options you want would be the way to go, if you're able to.

OP may want to create an extended world options mod or something (dunno), in which case using the mod options would be less than elegant.

Archived