Teamed PvP?

I'm surprised that people by now have not made a teamed PvP mod for DST! I'm willing to bet that Klei will add it in, however it is stilll strange that nobody has even thought about that at all!

Many people hate PvP. I myself don't particularly hate it, but it's highly unbalanced and way too stressful (for me at least), especially with the Pan flute being the game decider item and nobody really getting anywhere and basically restarting at about the time of the first Winter or so. Might be fun for some, though most are not in favour for it.

What I would like though, which could also make things more interesting as well as less stressful and possibly make pan flute users less powerful is a Teamed PvP.

Say the maximum amount of people is 12, as 12 is a very good number, which can be divided by 2, 3 and 4 as this could be the amount of teams that there could be in the game.

The world could either be auto-balance, which would mean you could not join a team that has more players than the other teams or the auto-balance could be disabled so that any player can join any team at any time, up to the host.

When joining a game with Teamed PvP and lets say it has 12 people available for each team max and it's a 3 team world, the world would have 3 portals, each being on a small grass biome island (where there's a bunch of basic stuff, such as some rabbits, grass, saplings, berry bushes, carrots, red mushrooms, bee hives, some boulders, flint, pine and birch trees etc), which would contain re-spawnable sick worm holes. How these would work is that they would be in one area of the small island, however these wormholes would not have the other sides of their wormholes spawned anywhere in the world as of yet; once a player jumps through one, that is when the other connecting sick wormhole, on the big mainland would appear and spew the player out in a random place which is relatively safe and does not have any structures around in a certain radius and both sick wormholes would disappear instantly on both sides after the player jumps out, however the sick wormhole on the spawn island's side would respawn after a player dies, a player joins or when a player teleports back to a special telelocator focus, which would look as if made out of obelisk or something and could not be burnt nor destroyed via hammer (the amount of sick wormholes at the start on each of the spawn portal islands would be relative to the amount of players that can be on each team, so if it's 3 teams with 4 people max in each, the amount of sick wormholes at the island would be 4, respawning every time a player died, teleported to the telelocator focus or respawned).

Normal telelocator focuses could still be built, however they could still burn and could still be destroyed. One thing though would be is that each team would be linked to a particular coloured gem, based on the "colour" of their team and any type of gem looted, dropped or seen for a player would appear at the same coloured gem, hence preventing from somebody to teleport stuff to the enemy base. Because of this, everything that required a gem in their recipe would contain the coloured gem that of the team's colour, so you could have a red telelocator staff if you're on the red team, but if you have that staff and somebody killed you, then if they take it and they're on the blue team, they would see it in blue colour. Because of this, of course the Purple gem recipe would need to be taken out. So if you're say on the yellow team and you killed an ice hound and it looted a gem, for you it would appear as a yellow gem. These gems, regardless of their colour could then also be used for telelocator focuses to, for instance teleport backpacks full of stuff back to base or you could teleport back there. If you used a telelocator staff on an enemy whilst you had a telelocator focus active, the enemy wouldn't teleport to your base, but rather either to their own base if they have gems active or somewhere random in the world if the enemies don't.

Really, I feel like I'm giving an idea of a mode here as well as the teamed PvP, in which case the mode could be called Hunt as you'd always be on the hunt after leaving your spawn island to gather resources around or kill enemy players to get their loot if it's a Teamed PvP. This mode could probably not work for a solo PvP though. Main aim of the mode with the teamed PvP enabled would be so that bases could be made and developed whilst keeping the PvP element in as normally in PvP you are contantly on the run and whatever you have on you is what you will need to rely on.

But tell me what you think! I posted this here so that it would take more notice and because I was not sure whether to post it in the mods section as a request or as a suggestion under suggestion section because it could be a mod or it might as well be in the actual game.

But tell me what you think!

EDIT: I realize now that there are things that would need to be changed, not also for what laready exists in the game but also from what I suggested:

* The obelisk telelocator focus would need to not require gems as you could otherwise only get the gems in late or mid game, which at mid game is not that abundant to be wasted as much as they would be necessary, so perhaps instead it would need to be that the obelisk telelocator focus at base could be activated and de-activated, however if someone was willing to teleport more stuff at the same time, then another, normal telelocator focus would need to be built. This way, you'd need co-operation between the team whilst fighting between the opponents, so the obelisk focus would have fuel, a bit like the flingos and stuff could be teleported to it as much as the player liked as long as they had a telelocator focus and whilst it had fuel. It could be fueled with nightmare fuel and would last say as long as a flingomatic would at maximum or it would have certain amount of uses and each time it is used a nightmare fuel is needed to refuel it.

* Telelocator staffs would need to not make it rain after used (which is what happens in DST for a long time during any season except Winter).

* It would be good for the starting islands to have a pond or two as well there.

Pigfeed... the other Tourney mode, Glutton?

As already stated, there are already team-based PvP mods existing.

On top of this... instead of complaining, possible recruit people for a pvp tournament/team based play? I'd be down to join. Maybe even make a mod for team play the way you're describing. Most of what you've stated is already possible through console commands, it shouldn't be hard for an advanced modder such as yourself. Make it happen, dude. I believe in you.

As already stated, there are already team-based PvP mods existing.

On top of this... instead of complaining, possible recruit people for a pvp tournament/team based play? I'd be down to join. Maybe even make a mod for team play the way you're describing. Most of what you've stated is already possible through console commands, it shouldn't be hard for an advanced modder such as yourself. Make it happen, dude. I believe in you.

Do you even PvP man ?! please....

Archived