Any Veteran Don't Starve modders around?

RyanandLink

Hey all!

So I found this older version of Don't Starve, its the update "Turf" I believe. Its alot of fun and a whole different experience, with the research points and all! 

Since I've recently been tinkering normal Don't Starve I thought it'd be cool if I could mod the older version, but it turns out it looks entirely different. 

Example:

Here's what the normal Don't Starve "pigbrain.lua" looks like: 

7dzSLGs.png?1

And here's what the older Don't Starve "pigbrain.lua" file looks like:

7wb0LYX.png?1

So does anyone know how to make this readable/modify-able? Or even how to make seperate mod files and use them that way? I'm using the program Notepad++ if it is of any help.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

I have no idea how to read that compiled code. I'm not even sure if it can be decompiled into a readable state.

In either case, if that older version is cracked, then you shouldn't expect things to work out well. If it's legitime, then you used a time capsule correctly.

Maybe ask the lead coders from U&A and HitD, those are the most professional modders I can think of.

I have no idea how to read that compiled code. I'm not even sure if it can be decompiled into a readable state.

In either case, if that older version is cracked, then you shouldn't expect things to work out well. If it's legitime, then you used a time capsule correctly.

Maybe ask the lead coders from U&A and HitD, those are the most professional modders I can think of.

Ah, thank you for the reply. Anyway, the older version is probably cracked, since I found it laying around on Youtube*(not torrented). Do you mean it probably won't work out legally or like is the code changed to work differently?

I wonder if they changed it for the convienence of modding after a few updates.

But yeah, I'll try asking those guys! Thanks again.

*(Yes, I have purchased the game on steam, of course)

Ah, thank you for the reply. Anyway, the older version is probably cracked, since I found it laying around on Youtube*(not torrented). Do you mean it probably won't work out legally or like is the code changed to work differently?

I wonder if they changed it for the convienence of modding after a few updates.

But yeah, I'll try asking those guys! Thanks again.

*(Yes, I have purchased the game on steam, of course)

They made the change to encourage the growth of modding. Here we are today, and obviously, it did wonders.

Archived