Desperate coder looking for artist(s) :-p

Hello,

as the title says, I am looking for people to collaborate on extending my current project and/or working on new stuffs. I handle coding quite decently but when it comes to artwork, it becomes... much more... chaotic.

So I would like to find the opposite, a person(s) who is decent in artwork but sucks hard at coding or just do not really like it.

I can handle stuffs like spriter, it's really getting the base sprites which the issue for me :-)

Here are my main projects on the workshop so far:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488009136

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506204512

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=508739792

So if you're interested, please let me know :-)

EDIT : so apparently I cannot send a PM to you so nevermind here it is, it is valid for anyone interested :-)

So basically I would like to :

expand my archery mod with a musket or blunderbuss (or both!), more if good fresh ideas are coming

rework the art of my sentry..., add new type of sentry...

expand the fences gate with more type of gate, maybe changing the art of the one existing because apparently they are ugly, add also new "wall" with 8 faces etc...

These are for the jobs which may not be very interesting but that's what I would like to do.

Then I am working on a new stuff with MystPhysX : a Mining Machine which perform periodically a mining action and brings back random stuffs to the surface according to the biome on which it is placed. It ranges from rock, to gold nuggets, to some new materials to be added and even cave creatures. Nothing is done artwork wise on this project.

Then I have several idea and wishes. I would like to work on some kind of a new structure, a "forge" where you could repair your weapons for a cheaper price than crafting a new one (a bit like the sewing kit is doing but with a crockpot like mechanism)

I would also like to start working on world generation expansion. New types of biomes, going with creatures and prefabs, stuffs like that.

The list is long, I don't know what will be done, but I am looking for people to collaborate and if possible more than on a one shot project. On a longer term let's say.

Then I would also like to work on new ideas brought by my potential new collaborator, if any  :-)

I am open to discussion, and I don't plan to impose anything. If for example you would like to work with me on specific stuffs but would be borded by expanding the archery or reworking some stuffs, so be it.

Cheers

Edited by ZupaleX

Hmm, I think I'd be ok with that! But I'm not sure how good I am with drawing props...

I'd still give it a whirl for the heck of it. I think it's fun experimenting with new things.

Maybe is it possible if I could give it a 'trial period' type of thing to see how it goes and if it'll work for me? Maybe help you with a few pieces here and there and then if I think it's working out / if you think I'm doing okay I'll stick with it?  

Also, curious, who did the art for your mods previously?

Omg! You'd fit so well with my project! Your creating things that I would like to have in my team project. I'll send you a pm this weekend, maybe I can help you with some items, if in turn you help with some script work.

Edited by RedRock911

Omg! You'd fit so well with my project! Your creating things that I would like to have in my team project. I'll send you a pm this weekend, maybe I can help you with some items, if in turn you help with some script work.

Sure, I'll wait for your PM :-)

Hello,

I'm new at spriter but I'm so interested on helping someone with artwork, due to I would like to mod but I can't by the way (no time/patience for learning lua ^^'). About spriter, I think I can learn fast enough for creating the type of loops used in don't starve. So, if you think I can help you with graphics or something, I will.

PS: I'm sorry, english :frown:

Hello,

actually if you have no idea how to use spriter it's fine because I do :-)

What I really need is somebody to DRAW stuffs. Then I can put it together in spriter. You should just have a feeling of sprite design though, meaning, where to divide your drawing in several pieces so it could be animated, etc...