Can anyone explain me, why i got spotted?

Two objects hinder the sight of the guard to spot Prism, who was leaning against the safe. She still got spotted and i am kinda confused why. Can anyone explain to me, why i got spotted? Is it because the objects are shown as small objects, when you press the alt-button?

The objects in "picture 1" looked kinda big enough to me, to feel save hiding in the corner next to the safe.

BjLzwGq.pngDFKB6lU.png

• Developer

I'll add to what WilliamGreywind said, objects have a space next to them that your agents will hide in by crouching down next to the item. These spots are highlighted in yellow in the guard's vision to remind you where they are.

If the guard is on the same side of an object as the agent, the agent's tile is not a blind spot.

G -----> O

A

^ here the agent is on one side of the object, but the gaurd is not on that side, so it is a blind spot.

O
G----->A

^ Here the guard is on the same side of the object, so the agent is visible.

Thx for those explainations! This whole situation just tells me, to friend up more with the alt-button, which i used way to less in my 80h+ gametime. But to be honest: beside not hitting the alt-button, the 2 server cabinets look way bigger compared to the white cubes in the alt-mode, which is a bit deceptive, which got me into this mess ;-)

This whole situation just tells me, to friend up more with the alt-button, which i used way to less in my 80h+ gametime.

Using the thumbnail options auto-generated by YouTube for each of my videos as a random sample, I seem to have the alt button pressed more than 50% of the time.

I barely need to use alt because I play with walls toggled off (T). Sadly alt doesn't show you anything extra that you can't see without it like if it was made more obvious which cover objects are tall enough to block vision past it. I can't stand having the walls fully show and I don't understand how anyone else puts up with them but I guess the answer is you have to marry the alt key.

Sadly alt doesn't show you anything extra that you can't see without it like if it was made more obvious which cover objects are tall enough to block vision past it.

This isn't true. In general guard vision cones can partially cover some squares and then it's unclear whether they're hidden/noticed (or noticed/watched). They are often drawn extending onto tiles which aren't noticed - when they're looking through an open door at an angle, for example, you can't really be sure without pressing alt. A rarer occurrence (if the danger zones aren't hidden) is when you have partial vision on a room and all the tiles appear to be watched, but if you press alt it reveals one tile which is noticed - this indicates there is a guard, because cameras don't have peripheral vision.

Personally I keep the walls up because they just look bad when they're stretched so short; I've also found it harder to see the doors.

This isn't true. In general guard vision cones can partially cover some squares and then it's unclear whether they're hidden/noticed (or noticed/watched)

I forgot about that. I agree alt makes that very clear but even so the tooltip on mouseover and also just the pathing line that is drawn will show what's safe, alt isn't strictly the only method that shows it.

One thing that has bitten me a couple times in tactical (alt) view are white cubes that look like cover items, but are in fact non-cover obstacles.  I'm now careful to check for the eye-icon.  It would be nice if these were a little easier to distinguish in tactical.

Archived