Should These Be Added?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should These Be Added?

• All of them!
    • Most of them!
    • Some of them!
    • A few of them!
    • None of them!

I will be adding new crafting suggestions as I think of them, and if someone suggests something good, I will add it to the list and give credit to them.

List:

Razor + 2 twigs to make a Sickle, which harvests more grass and twigs.

Killer bees + Bee Mine makes a Super Bee Mine

Toasted Seeds in Grinder makes Flour

4 Flour in Crock Pot makes Bread

Bread + Meat + (Optional) Vegetables + (Optional) in Crock Pot makes a Sandwich.

4 Cut Stone makes a Gear

2 Gears + 1 Monster Meat + 8 Twigs + 1 Gold makes Mecha Spider (Friendly spider)

Mecha Spider + Spider Egg makes Mecha Spider Queen (Friendly queen that lays not so friendly eggs)

3 Iron + Board + 1 Stick make a Sword, a stronger Tentacle Spike with less durability

10 Cut Stone + 4 Ropes makes a Stone Suit, a stronger Log Suit with a speed debuff.

5 Gold Makes a Gold Necklace, needed for amulet

New Amulet Recipe: 1 Gold Necklace, 5 gold, 1 Red Gem

2 Gears, 2 Twigs, and 14 Cut Stone makes A Grinder

Froggie Brunwich: Bread, Cooked Frog Leg, Optional Fruits/Vegetables

New Plant: Soy

Soy Milk: 4 Soy Beans in Crock Pot

Leaving Soy Milk out turns it into Soy Cheese

Bread, Meat, Soy Cheese, (Optional) Vegetable in Crock Pot makes Toasted Sub

Bread and Razor makes 4 Bread Cubes (and keeps razor)

4 Bread Cubes in Crock Pot makes Croutons

Razor and Lettuce (New Plant) makes Chopped Lettuce

Chopped Lettuce, Roasted Carrots, 4 Croutons makes Salad

Charcoal in Grinder makes 4 Charcoal Dust

4 Charcoal Dust in Crock Pot Makes Black Dye

10 Silk, Black Dye, and Redbird Feather makes Fedora

Redbird Feather and Black Dye makes Ink and Quill

Ink and Quill, 2 leather, and 10 Papyrus makes Diary

Diary let's you take notes in game, and when you die, if you chose retry, or just new game, your diary will appear somewhere in the world. This allows you to make sure you remember where certain things are.

1 Twig and 2 Iron makes a Knife

Knives Allow you to whittle Twigs into Sticks at a cost of 5 duribillity

4 Charcoal, 15 Cut Stone, and 4 Board makes Smelter.

Smelter combines 2 Flint and 2 Gold to make Iron

Iron is used to make endgame tools. It is much stronger that Flint, but breaks/damages easier.

6 Beefalo Fur and 6 Silk makes a Jacket. When Winter comes, it will reduce your freeze rate.

Beefalo now drop Beefalo Hides too, which can be used with the knife to create Leather.

3 Leather and 2 Silk makes Dress Shoes. Dress Shoes will make Sanity increase faster/decrease slower.

1 Log and 1 Stick creates a Crucible. Crucibles are used to create basic Potions.

1 Flower Petal, 1 Seed, and 1 Berry creates a Minor Health Potion,which restores 25 Health

2 Flower Petals, 1 Toasted Seed, 1 Roasted Berry, and 1 Honey creates a Advanced Health Potion, which heals 50 Health

1 Charcoal Dust, 1 Silk, and 1 Beefalo Fur makes a Warmth Potion. Warmth Potion keeps you from freezing for 1/2 of a night.

1 Crow Feather, 1 Redbird Feather, and 1 Beard Hair makes a Sanity Potion. Sanity Potions refill half of your Sanity.

1 Charcoal, 1 Grass, 1 Flint, and 1 twig makes a Liquid Fire Potion. These potions create small fires on the object they are thrown at. Use wisely, as they can start forest fires.

1 Berry, 1 Carrot, and 1 Seed makes Rabbit Pheromones. These potions will give you a small buff for animals not to run from you, but decreases time until next Hound attack by 1 day and the amount of Hounds to come by 1 to decrease rabbit farming.

Come back later for more recipes!

Edited by Prussia
Removed Recipes

I don't think there is any need for all those recipes. There's already a fair amount and they don't add a huge amount to the game but would require a lot of work to put in all the plants and machinery you suggested that are required to make them. Crafting a spider egg out of silk doesn't really make sense as it would have no spiders in it, and also you currently need to beat the biggest Spider Den to obtain an egg, so crafting one out of silk would be too much of a shortcut. All the machinery just seems a bit advanced for the wild. It is supposed to be a difficult and bare environment, so I think it would be out of place. Obviously there is the science and alchemy machine but they're required for the game's research mechanic and are also original machines, rather than existing in the real world.

I don't think there is any need for all those recipes. There's already a fair amount and they don't add a huge amount to the game but would require a lot of work to put in all the plants and machinery you suggested that are required to make them. Crafting a spider egg out of silk doesn't really make sense as it would have no spiders in it, and also you currently need to beat the biggest Spider Den to obtain an egg, so crafting one out of silk would be too much of a shortcut. All the machinery just seems a bit advanced for the wild. It is supposed to be a difficult and bare environment, so I think it would be out of place. Obviously there is the science and alchemy machine but they're required for the game's research mechanic and are also original machines, rather than existing in the real world.

This. This is the feedback I am looking for. That is a very good point. At first I thought the difficulty to get the machines would make it less OP, but now I see what you mean. I'll get rid of some of the... less appropriate recipes.

there isn't iron in the game though... :confused:

Prussia mentioned a recipie (not a good one though IMO)Flint + Gold = IronI find this weird because1) Flint is a rock, it doesn't melt easilyAll you would get is gold with flint in it2) Iron is an element, not a compoundYou can't combine anything to get iron, iron is iron

Prussia mentioned a recipie (not a good one though IMO)Flint + Gold = IronI find this weird because1) Flint is a rock, it doesn't melt easilyAll you would get is gold with flint in it2) Iron is an element, not a compoundYou can't combine anything to get iron, iron is iron

I was just proposing a recipe. I wasn't saying "OH DIS IS SHO GOOD MAKE IT REAL, DEVS NAO"