Hosting a server issue as of new update.

Hey there, so I have run into a problem as of recent with a friend of mine. 

We were playing the game fine as of yesterday, (prior to patch update) on a server that I was hosting. After the patch however, she had become unable to connect to my game and continues to get this message.

http://prntscr.com/871i5s

I have tried various things from, checking that she was banned, creating a steam server group for us, forwarding the port for the game that I read on another forum post about pings showing up as ??? and still nothing has fixed the issue.

I have run the server before with my firewall and protection enabled before with no real issue between us, BUT just to be safe I have turned both of them off and tried to see if she could connect. I have tried making new servers of a fresh world and such that never ran before, public servers without password, group specific, friend specific. Nothing.

The real zinger to this all is that fact that I can connect to her server or any server she makes, but not the other way around. 

Anyone have any idea to a fix to this problem? Or was it something that we may have caused in the past 12 hours.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this.  

Hi everybody,

I'm having exactly the same problem as mentioned before. After the update my friends and I are unable to play because of this "server is not responding".

I must add that we do not play offline/LAN, but Online. 

Thanks for your support!

• Developer

We're actively looking into this, at this point we believe it's two or more connection problems so we need details from anyone experiencing problems even if someone else already gave them - you guys might have different connection bugs that just look the same.

We're especially interested in the exactly kind of server you're trying to host. Online/offline. LAN-only/friends-only/public/password/etc.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone! Please give us all the detail you can and we'll get it resolved as soon as possible!

• Developer

Ohh, and we're doing a lot of new releases here trying to get problems resolved, so please make sure your server and your client are both running the same version before posting! It's really easy for them to get out of sync, and different versions of the game can't connect to one another.  

Hi nome.

My server is configured like that :

• Online server
  • Friends only/open (I tried both)
  • No password
  • It worked two days ago (before the release)
  • My computer uses W10 (before and after the release)
  • Me and my friends have the same version

It seems to be a problem exclusively for hosts on W10, because I could join my friend's server (online, friend only) who uses a W7.

Hope I helped, I'm available if you want any more information.

Thanks !

Hi nome, thanks for your hard work on this!

In my specific case, I'm running the MAC version and hosting an Online game, Public and no password. My friend is running Windows 7, and both of us were playing without any trouble until we downloaded the last release + hotfix yesterday.

From then on, "... try yelling louder"

Thank you again, and I hope this get solved soon!

Hey nome!

I was about to attach the client and host log.txt when suddenly the new update came out. It seems that it fixed the issue since now we got no problems to create&access the games.

Thank you very much for your support. If we find something weird about the connection, I will post it right away!

Archived