Spriter

And again that pain Spriter :-)

I made a very simple animation. But what's wrong with my project? It looks normal when I press "play" in Spriter.

5903152.png

​But ingame all images are messed:

7673188.png

hawk.zip

Edited by Maris

I'm having problems of my own with animations, but judging by the spriter files for custom characters and custom equippable items, you need to have a png in the workspace that swaps for the other images along the timeline. Z-order is just the order that they are drawn if there's multiple layers. So since all 3 are only "animated" by Z-order, it's just drawing them on top of each other in that order. That's why it's not animated. ZxMjSvE.gif

Put an image on the board by dragging from the top right, and right click it to change the animation frame at the appropriate time.

Actually, adding "true" tells that the animation is supposed to be looped. If you don't put "true", then the animation is played once and then stops.

Ah btw guys, if you are using the spriter from the Don't Starve mod tool, just stop like, NOW.

I downloaded spriter from the website, it's not the same version. The one in DS Tool is some kind of a beta, it's full of missing features (like applying a Z order to a specific sprite in all the frames of an animation) and much more bugged. You should definitly use the realeased stable from Spriter website directly.

Then it's just my opinion :-)

Edited by ZupaleX